Chapala.com Webboard

Real reason Chillin' Cafe was closed

Just Chillin'

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out the increasing number of complaints from members and other patrons about the treatment received by volunteers at LCS. It might not be at an all-time high,but is has been a sufficient number to have called for a recent meeting of those volunteers to try a bit of re-education.

This was a common complaint ten years ago. It was resolved then by some of that re-education.

The problem reared its ugly head again a few years back. It was again resolved by some of that re-education.

This problem seems to be a cyclical one with volunteers, at least at LCS.

Personally, I have never had a negative experience with the LCS volunteers, and I've never been known to be an east-going patron.

I don't have the answer which is one of the reasons i don't serve there or anywhere else as a board member or a volunteer.

In an important, but non-life threatening if it wasn't in existence, organization like LCS, just try to remember that every patron and every volunteer is somebody else's loved one.

Ned, you might encourage members of Team Just Chillin to stop referring to the owner/operators as "the kids." That would help them to not be perceived as, um, well, kids.

NLU, issues with volunteers is not just an LCS issue. I have volunteered and been employed by non-profits a good portion of my life. Volunteer appreciation and retention was an ongoing issue for them all. Problems within each organization do seem to run in cycles.

Archived