Chapala.com Webboard

IMPORTANT - INAPAM card Pickup at LCS

Ellie

LCS has just been informed by INAPAM that

they need to reschedule the Friday, July 24

distribution date of the INAPAM cards.

The date has been rescheduled for Tuesday,

August 11, 2015 at 1:00 P.M. at LCS.

INAPAM and LCS apologize for any inconvenience.

Please help forward this information.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I still go to LCS and apply for a INAPAM card? Or was this a one time deal.

Thanks

This is the second time that LCS has handled INAPAM applications. At this point, you cannot

apply at LCS although we do have the applications. No notice to date if and when the

procedure will be repeated.

The cards, as stated above, are to be picked up this Tuesday the 11th at 1 pm at the Back Patio

and Gazebo.

LCS has just been informed by INAPAM that

they need to reschedule the Friday, July 24

distribution date of the INAPAM cards.

The date has been rescheduled for Tuesday,

August 11, 2015 at 1:00 P.M. at LCS.

INAPAM and LCS apologize for any inconvenience.

Please help forward this information.

INAPAM has today confirmed that card return is on schedule for August 11 at 1 PM on the back patio and gazebo.

Good day at LCS for receiving the INAPAM cards. A few glitches, which were not the fault of LCS, and probably was very frustrating to some. Overall, very productive and a good service offered by LCS. I got there at 1:00 and was out by 3:30.. I am thrilled to be an official "old person" now and can hardly wait to use my card for discounts on buses, medications, and free entry to Mexico museums!! I think LCS will provide an announcement on when/if an INAPAM day will be held again for those who couldn't make it today.

I should have said that I can now get into the Bellas Artas Museum and the Anthropological Museum in Mexio City for free. The Bellas Artes has a wonderful restaurant--sort of Sakowitz Sky Terrace-ish in feeling--with great food--shrimp remoulade or Caesar salad--at very low prices (I wonder if I posted this to the wrong section; if so, sorry).

Any photo ID will not work. Requirement yesterday was original passport or original Mexican visa. Things did go relatively smoothly for most of us considering there were close to 300 cards issued and a surprising number of no shows. I was 152 and it was after 3:30 when I left and they were in the 220's.

Many, many thanks to LCS for helping us out and avoiding the trials and tribulations, as well as wasted hours, going to Chapala or Guuadalajara and still being unsuccessful.

Not sure why two photos were required, though. I got one of mine back, but it is so small that when I play darts I keep missing it.

I'm in the u.s until Saturday but will check and verify that the cards are being held in Chapala at DIF office. LCS submitted 233 applications this time. Don't have dates for another go round but certainly the procedure, hopefully, gets easier. AND INAPAM has clarified several of the problems with documents from what we were first told.

I think the LCS need a great vote of appreciation for setting up the INAPAM card project

There has been a long history of frustration trying to obtain the card. Lots of promises and excuses by the authorities. People chasing to Chapala, Ajijic Joco and Guadalajara.

Two thumbs up to all the folks involved

• 2 weeks later...

Good day at LCS for receiving the INAPAM cards. A few glitches, which were not the fault of LCS, and probably was very frustrating to some. Overall, very productive and a good service offered by LCS. I got there at 1:00 and was out by 3:30.. I am thrilled to be an official "old person" now and can hardly wait to use my card for discounts on buses, medications, and free entry to Mexico museums!! I think LCS will provide an announcement on when/if an INAPAM day will be held again for those who couldn't make it today.

What is the age requirement to get an INAPAM card? And do you need to have a CURP number to get one?

Gracias

Must have a CURP number.

So far a CURP number has not been required although there is a space on the application. Before the next go round with INAPAM

cards, LCS will again verify EXACTLY was is required to avoid applications being rejected - i.e. your immigration card, front and back,

must be copied on the SAME side of a single full size sheet of paper.

Passport must be copied the actual size - not reduced or blown up in size - which some people did.

The next dates will be announced with required documents listed.

So far a CURP number has not been required although there is a space on the application. Before the next go round with INAPAM

cards, LCS will again verify EXACTLY was is required to avoid applications being rejected - i.e. your immigration card, front and back,

must be copied on the SAME side of a single full size sheet of paper.

Passport must be copied the actual size - not reduced or blown up in size - which some people did.

The next dates will be announced with required documents listed.

Not my experience . . . I'd get the CURP number.

Not my experience . . . I'd get the CURP number.

The first INAPAM was done on less than 12 hours notice with minimal information. INAPAM advised for the second go round that

a CURP was not required but to be used if you had one.

We'll see what happens the next time - it will be announced.

• 3 weeks later...

We were out of town when the cards were to be returned to LCS in August. Went by DIF on Monday and picked up the card within minutes. :)

Valerie :)

Archived