Chapala.com Webboard

Silent Auction to Help the Kids in the LCS Children's Art Program

We're holding an online auction to raise money to help the kids in the LCS Children's Art Program.

You can bid on a full week at a premium luxury beach resort worth over $3,000USD. You'll be staying in a huge, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom luxury suite with all the amenities. It can accommodate up to 6 people.

The dates are fixed: check-in on Friday, June 19, and check-out on Friday, June 26 2015.

The online auction is taking place here: 32auctions.com/LCSCAP/. Bidding closes at 8:00pm on Sunday, June 14 2015.

The successful bidder can pick up their certificate at the LCS office any time after 10:00am on Monday, June 15. You can pay online in U.S. Dollars by PayPal or credit card, or you can pay in either U.S. Dollars or pesos when you pick up your certificate.

This auction item has been generously donated by a supporter of the LCS Children's Art Program, who wishes to remain anonymous.

I'm sure the LCS Children's Art Program can use all the help it can get and the auction is a good thing.

Just to do a little puffing for another generous contributor to the program; the Ajijic Society of the Arts very recently donated over $20,000 pesos, along with their annual $3000 regular donation to this group. The big chunk of money was derived from the sales of their Open Studios tickets. So, when the tickets go on sale in 2016, your purchase is another donation to the kids. Some of them will be our fine artists of the future. They will all benefit from having the experience in the program.

Absolutely correct!

Because of ASA's generosity, not only with the monetary donations mentioned above, but also with skilled volunteers and teachers, it's doubtful we could carry off our annual Art Camp. Well over 100 local kids will be participating in a full week of daily workshops in oil, acrylics, watercolour, jewellery, and handicrafts. This year's Art Camp is Monday July 20 through Friday July 24. The kids will be selling their creations on Saturday, July 25. Thank you ASA for making this possible!

I see one person has already bid for the 2 bedroom suite at The Grand Luxxe! 32auctions.com/LCSCAP/.

The Grand Luxxe is "really luxe" (like the name says)! We've been there twice before, and if some other concerns weren't stopping us now, we would definitely want to go again (especially at this price level).

If you're considering bidding on this auction and want to talk to someone who's been there, you are welcome to contact me directly.

As a supporter of the Children's Art Program, I'm hoping to see some higher bids!

If you haven't seen information about this online auction - please take a look. 32auctions.com/LCSCAP/ It's a great opportunity to enjoy some luxury affordably, AND every nickel goes to the Children's Art Program.

Alex

Do we have assurance that all of the $ go directly to the Children's Art Program? In many LCS fundraising events the $ go into the General Fund and the BOD determines how the budget for the program. What's the truth on this one?

Yes you can be assured that this money will be used exclusively by the Children's Art Program.

LCS is very conscious of, and careful with, donations. When they are earmarked for a specific program, then the donor's wishes are paramount.

That is the case here. This prize was donated to the Children's Art Program to be auctioned off for their benefit.

The same applies to the ASA donation. With that donation, the money is carefully accounted for, and is spent entirely on art supplies during the year, and for expenses directly related to the annual Art Camp.

The Children's Art Program is an important part of LCS's mission of outreach to the Mexican community.

Where is this Luxe unit, what beach, as hurricane season is here, might be a problem...

Sorry, I should have put this in my original post!

This resort is located in Nuevo Vallarta.

You can get more info about the resort on their web site here: grandluxxe.com/nuevo-vallarta

There's also a lot more information about this prize on the auction site here: 32auctions.com/LCSCAP

Do we have assurance that all of the $ go directly to the Children's Art Program? In many LCS fundraising events the $ go into the General Fund and the BOD determines how the budget for the program. What's the truth on this one?

Yes, you have total assurance that all the money from this auction will go to the Children's Art Program. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!

If there's ever been an opportunity to have a luxurious vacation, help local kids and save money at the same time, this may be it! Check out the quality of the vacation: www.grandluxxe.com and click on "Nueva Vallarta".

Where is this Luxe unit, what beach, as hurricane season is here, might be a problem...

Go to www.grandluxxe.com Click for the Nuevo Vallarta location. You can see all sorts of information there about the resort and its location. Here is what they say about their 2 bedroom 2 bath suites:

LUXXE MASTER SUITE

The Luxxe Master Suite is a two-bedroom, two-bath suite of approximately 2,570 square feet, with two king-size beds or one king size bed and two double beds, two Jacuzzi tubs, a sprawling terrace with a private plunge pool, gourmet kitchen, dining room, living area with a sleeper sofa, and three 42” LED TVs. The Luxxe Master Room connects with a Luxxe Suite to create the larger Luxxe Master Suite. Accommodates 6 people.

BTW: In the two times I stayed at the Grand Luxxe before, the living room had two couches that, with the bolsters taken off, become two single beds. (I actually think that's better and more comfortable that the "sleeper sofa" the official description details. Presume that you'll have one or the other, but two people can sleep comfortably in the living room, plus two in each of the two bedrooms = sleeping accommodations for up to 6 people.)

The actual location of the specific Luxxe Master Suite is assigned by the front desk when you check in (just like any other person checking in with a reservation and a certificate coming through Interval International vacation ownership).

I just looked at the two week forecast (which covers the period of this vacation, which is specifically Friday, June 19 through Friday June 26) and there are no hurricanes forecast, to answer your stated concern. Please do your own due diligence looking up weather information, but as far as I can see there is nothing out of the ordinary forecasted.

The AUCTION CLOSES TODAY, SUNDAY, at 8 PM!!!! 32auctions.com/LCSCAP

Archived