Chapala.com Webboard

WalMart sheet sale

I bought a set a few weeks back, and I think I know why they are on sale. They are actually sateen, which seems to be popular here and at CostCo. I don't like them: too tightly woven, which means not only slippery, but too hot; they don't breathe. Had no trouble returning them.

I just bought 100% Egyptian cotton 1500 thread count from Amazon delivered in less than two weeks about 30 bucks.

Order placed

April 27, 2015
Total
$38.20
Ship to
Ronald
Order # 115-9082616-5832215
Delivered Thursday, May 7 Where's my package?
Hide
loading-small._V192239831_.gif Retrieving tracking information...

I just bought 100% Egyptian cotton 1500 thread count from Amazon delivered in less than two weeks about 30 bucks.

Order placed

April 27, 2015
Total
$38.20
Ship to
Ronald
Hide

That's a great price and a great thread count! They're not cotton, though--according to the Amazon ad you posted, they're made of microfiber. When you get them, please post back about how they feel when you sleep on them. I'd be very interested in buying some, if they 'sleep' like 100% cotton.

There is so much marketing jargon using the word "Egyptian" when describing sheets, that a couple of years back one TV show did an expose on the whole thing. Interestingly, it is not the thread count that is the kick-starter; it is the quality of the cotton.

Order placed

April 27, 2015
Total
$38.20
Ship to
Ronald
Hide

See highlighted word.

Well I just checked the card which came with the sheet set and it says 100% Egyptian cotton. I have slept several nights on them the are light soft and great for summer sleeping. If I knew how I would take pic of card and post.

Well I just checked the card which came with the sheet set and it says 100% Egyptian cotton. I have slept several nights on them the are light soft and great for summer sleeping. If I knew how I would take pic of card and post.

...and wait until dhl quotes the taxes, the increasing sometimes is outrageous!

...and wait until dhl quotes the taxes, the increasing sometimes is outrageous!

The Amazon price always includes dury and they usually estimate high and refund the difference.

See highlighted word.

See the entire description, including my highlighting in red. You can see why I might have believed the sheets were NOT 100% cotton:

• Microfiber
  • Imported
  • 1 Flat Sheet (92" x 102") 1 Fitted Sheet (60" x 80") and 2 Standard Pillow Cases (20" x 30")
  • Fits mattresses up to 14"-16" deep with elastic all around the fitted sheet
  • Micro fiber sheets are as soft as 1,500 thread count Egyptian cotton
  • Easy care sheets are machine washable and require no ironing
  • Elegant Comfort-High Quality and has a breathable weave

• 2 weeks later...

That's a great price and a great thread count! They're not cotton, though--according to the Amazon ad you posted, they're made of microfiber. When you get them, please post back about how they feel when you sleep on them. I'd be very interested in buying some, if they 'sleep' like 100% cotton.

We just received ours,they are nice,soft,breathable and you can't beat the price,$38 including shipping.

Ten day delivery time via UPS.

Thanks for the tip,vetteforron.

Archived