Chapala.com Webboard

Leaving from Mexico City

I have a flight from Guadalajara to Mexico City and then to Canada. Just checking re: where do I turn in my immigration form .... at the little booth at the Guad airport or somewhere in the airport in Mexico City?(I've never been there and understand it's a little bigger and more overwhelming than ours here). As I have a connecting flight, I wouldn't like to be getting lost or having to line up for any length of time to check through. Gracias for any information.

I have a flight from Guadalajara to Mexico City and then to Canada. Just checking re: where do I turn in my immigration form .... at the little booth at the Guad airport or somewhere in the airport in Mexico City?(I've never been there and understand it's a little bigger and more overwhelming than ours here). As I have a connecting flight, I wouldn't like to be getting lost or having to line up for any length of time to check through. Gracias for any information.

You have to go to INM in Mexico City. If you are traveling on Aeromexico to MEX then you will arrive at terminal 2. If you are leaving on any other airline then you will have to change terminals. This can take some time, so be aware.

In terminal 1 the INM booth is in the middle of the shopping mall at one end of the concourse. If you are staying in Terminal 2 there will be an INM somewhere, but I've never had to use that one.

Does this only apply to Residente - Permanente or Temporal? In Guadalajara we have always turned in our Tourist visa into the airline agent when checking in.

Were you flying out International?

Yes.... we were flying out of Guadalajara with American Airlines.

I asked for clarification as we are flying out of Mexico City to Miami in a couple of weeks and never been to Mexico City airport.

The FMM is always completed and turned in at the last airport where you are leaving Mexico, not on internal domestic flight connections along the route.

Archived