Chapala.com Webboard

Meeting with Ajijic Delegado Hector Espana Ramos

HarryB

I met with Hector today and discussed a number of issues. Right now, He is very focused on preparing for Easter week traffic, cleanup, security, noise etc. However, I said these items were not going away and I would bring them back to him after Easter:

1. Lot behind Plaza Bouganvillas – we had discussed this before and he remembered it. He made a note.

2. Amutio/Guad Pharm – I advised him that several people have been injured on their sidewalk and the community is becoming seriously angry. He made another note.

3. Playground equipment in front of the old hotel – the community will be doing repairs and painting as Chapala has not responded to his petition for repairs. He expressed his gratitude.

4. Malecon benches - a member of the community has offered to paint them. Ditto above.

5. Handicap parking – Last July I submitted a petition to town councilman representing Ajijic, Carlos Soto, asking that Chapala implement handicap parking in Ajijic. Every time I see him I get manana. If you meet, encounter, know Mr. Soto, I encourage you to ask him about the petition. I informed Hector that the community is becoming more concerned about this issue. I have signs, just need permission to put them up.

6. Revolucion / tianguis safety concerns – I informed Hector that the community is growing more and more concerned about the intersection, the officer not being there at all times of tianguis day and the difficulty getting out onto the carretera safely, at all time. Hector will speak to the new commanders of both Transito and Chapala.

7. Malecon at night – I informed Hector that the community is concerned about goings on at the malecon after dark, usually to 11p.m. I asked for increased patrols by transito and the municipality. BTW the state police are here for the foreseeable future to assist with security.

8. Trashcan replacement – there are some of the plastic pole hung available, but, Hector has had employees out for various reasons and Chapala won’t replace them or send subs. He’s going to try to get them up before Easter.

9. Centro de Salud dental clinic – an oral surgeon is on duty weekends and a general dentist weekdays

Re Riberas, Hector has no authority. However, Riberas is represented by town council members. Riberas residents need to get their attention and push them to act on their behalf, just like at home. If you can't be bothered, they can't be bothered. Unfortunately, that is the way of the world.

I believe that there are 12 delegados representing the various villages and they have an association. They can act as a unit and raise some hell. There are town council members assigned to every village. These are the people who can get things done, if you can get them to. Otherwise they can spend ALL of their time taking care of themselves.

Those are all valid concerns of most of the residents of Ajijic, but I don't see any mention of the 'walkway' along the Libramento for residents of the complexes up there, plus all of the students that attend the schools there! Do you know if Hector has any authority to ask about this problem, or at least submit a petition?

I have talked with hector previously about the libramento and he is all for it and will exert whatever influence he can. Chapala has the authority and would be responsible for the work and the state may have to do it.. My last info was that residents were consulting with students and workers in the area and preparing a petition. I hope that is going on.

Thank you both for addressing the many issues. Especially the Revolution and tianguis. As they keep developing housing up this road...more and more traffic...residents, services, maids....horses and both foot and car.

It is so clear to anyone (who own property and live here) that this corner needs help!! It will not be pretty when a person is involved...and I am NOT pushing for making things like NOB!! For all those who comment to me on this...

Most of us just want to see safety...anywhere if possible....and NO I do not want the 'charm' or customs of this place changed...not at all. But then there is the issue of 'progress' and as more people come here, things will have to change somewhat on many fronts.

I have chosen to live and love it here....and am not giving up and going back NOB!! Lets be practical and adult about this discussion...

I've been nearly T boned many times there . So I am with you. I saw hector having lunch yesterday at the stand on the corner watching the intersection. I left him alone to absorb the need.

That little lot just west of the water tower behind P. Buganbilias would make a perfect little pocket park, since it's not really big enough to build anything on. Maybe the Garden Guild people need a project? It would have to be virtually zero maintenance since nothing can be tended regularly around here. A couple of park benches, a tree or two and a few shrubs is all it would take.

Thanks. Hope they can put a light at Revolucion as there may be a terrible accident one day there, especially on tiangus day.

Amen to that many times over. Despite some naysayers who don't have to negotiate coming south on Revolution, that is a hellish intersection that so desperately needs a traffic light.

Turning right in Mexico is always safer. Even with a light, there are many drivers who will not obey it. Plan on a couple of extra minutes and just turn right....always.

Come guys bennie wants a date. It's exactly 40 days after the beginning of lent. Trouble is, I don't remember when lent started this year.

Oh and it is also shown in your telephone book calendar section. Look there. Please let the rest of us know when it is when you find out.

Thanks

Archived