Chapala.com Webboard

Simapa water bills

bmw1150rt

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At one time older Mexican citizens where getting a discount but now I do not know who

gets it. May gardner is Mexican over 75 receives help for the government and does not

get 50% . As far as 50% off for water for a foreigner just forget it exist. You get a 15% discount if you pay before March1 according to what the woman in the office told me last week.

Reporting in from my small condo association: one of our brethren went to pay his water bill and was told he had to get a meter. There are 11 condos here, and none of us have meters, nor does the condo assn. which uses much more water on the common areas than the rest of us So, we are having a condo mtg. soon. It will be a rather large expense if we have to pay for our meters and their installation. Well, we have had a free ride for many years. Bottom line, I still like grass--and robins! I know it is not ecologically sound to maintain grass, but tell that to the robins!

It is on black and white on the board next to the stairs only people who have 250m2 or more of garden

have to get a meter and they are not pushing it. I paid my bill then said I wanted a meter and I will

put it in next October and they are ok with that . I spoke to the administrator, on the left handside when you get in.

They doo not care if you want to have grass or lots of it , you just will pay for it.

At one time older Mexican citizens where getting a discount but now I do not know who

gets it. May gardner is Mexican over 75 receives help for the government and does not

get 50% . As far as 50% off for water for a foreigner just forget it exist. You get a 15% discount if you pay before March1 according to what the woman in the office told me last week.

Yes your Mexican gardener can receive a 50% discount. We are citizens so we also get 50% discount.

My gardner told me no he could not and I did not get the discount this morning and I am a citizen as well. That was in Ajijic. In which municipality do you live? Chapala or Joco?

Joco was giving discount but Chapala was not. Please let me knw if you are speaking of Chapala because if you are there will be two more people asking why they told us no

discount.

The person who calculated my water bill when I went to pay it in Chapala told me I would get a 50% discount when I became permanente. Did she lie to me? Was she confused? Was it just a bad day? I happen to think that I WILL get 50% discount when I get the permanente. By the way; I paid my bill in very early January and received no discount at all for paying it early. Nada. None. Zippo. She told me that when I get that permanente I'll get that 50% discount for paying early (if they still give it in 2015).

I hope for your sake it is true.and I doubt you did not pay a discounted amount early in January, if you did not they screwed up because the January amount is discounted so you may want to go back and complain. I will be in the office again tomorrow will go to the administrator and ask him if citizens over 60 get a discount or no..we will see. The women told me they did not and did not give me one, we will see what the boss says.,

It is included on the bill and does not show at a discount.

The discount does not apply to IVA

If you look at the subtotal that is what is owed deduct from that 15% OR the Bonificaciones amount and

that is your 15% discount for paying early.

The discount for paying early is called Bonificaciones If you show zero on the Bonificaciones line you

did not get the 15% discount, if you show an amount that is your discount.

You take the subtotal amount deduct the Bonificaciones amount and add the IVA and you have the total.

I spoke agin with SiMAPA regarding discount this time it is what they told me:

50% discount for Mexican Citizens over 60 with presentation of the INE card

NO discount for Permanente over 60 other than the discount for paying early.

This was Chapala. I told them that Ajijic told me no discount and I wanted a credit, they gave me a

number for Ajijic to call and it is out of service so I will go and see what the next step will be.

Last year Ajijic did not give me the discount either . I wish all this stuff was clearly stated in the

offices and we did not get this insane run around.

Can we pay our water bills in Chapala even if we live in Ajijic?

15 percent on our water bill is definitely worth the trip, particularly if we do it the same time we pay our property taxes for all those services we aren't getting. :)

I'll give SIMAPA credit, they have certainly improved over time. So has CFE. Both are a great deal more reliable than they used to be.

Not Chapala.

You do not need to go to Chapala to get the 15% discount Ajijic will give it to you automatically if you pay before March 1.

It shows up under Bonificaciones.

I spoke with Chapala because people have been saying that CHapala told them Permanente got 50 % discount and so did citizens.

Ajiic turned me down for the discount and I have an IFE card and the garner here got the same story. I called Chapala to find out what the rules are and now I am going to go back to Ajijic and ask for the 50% discount. That one should be interesting.. They turned me down on the discount last year too. Probably lack of communication but they have t straighten it out now,

If you read Spanish you can read about the various tates and the meter..

I do not think you can go and pay in Chapala if you live in Ajijic. because this morning they told me to go to the Ajijic office.

My post was not clear but the discount they would not give me was the 50% discount. No problem about the 15%.

On Jan 9th in Chapala I got the 50% discount with my permanente and INAPAM cards. She took them, made copies front and back after verifying it with a co-worker. It was figured from the total before IVA, so on the $1838 total the discount was $905 and I paid $933. It would appear that the interpretation of this rule is not applied uniformly. I was permanente last year but didn't have my INAPAM card yet, so they denied me then but ran it through this year with little discussion. (The property tax people did not accept these cards for additional discount there but acknowledged that the water department allowed the discount with them.)

So it appears that they are telling different people different things and are not applying the rules evenly even in Chapala...

I think people should be aware of it...nothing new but on this one this is really crazy.

The Predial people always had the same story, citizen only.

Maybe the Guadalajara Reporter should ask them the questions and publish the rules so at least many people would be on the same page.

My husband went to pay the SIMAPA bill today; I wasn't there.

He's Permanente; I'm not.

They gave him the 15% for paying early but not the 50% discount like they did last year so upon him arriving home, we went back to the SIMAPA office, with my insistence.

I explained to the attendant that last year we got the 50% discount because hubby is Permanente.

She quickly explained that the law concerning this was changed in March 2014 and now only Mexicans over 60 years of age can get this discount, there are other options as well but not for foreigners.

I asked to see the law and she made me a photocopy.

Here is the text in Spanish:

Aquellos usuarios de nacionalidad mexicana y con servicio bajo el regimen de uso domestico que al inicio del ejercicio fiscal acrediten ante el Sistema Municipal de Agua Potable y Alcantarillado de Chapala, mediante la documentacion oficial correspondiente, tener la calidad de viudos, viudas, jubilados, pensionados, discapacitados, o tenor 60 anos o mas, así como haber pagado los servicios de agua potable y alcantarillado hasta el mes de Diciembre del ejercicio fiscal inmediato anterior, serán beneficiados con une reducción del 50% de las cuotas y tarifas que en esta sección se señalan, de acuerdo a las siguientes.

... and it goes on from there

I only read/understand some Spanish so I'm not quite sure if this can ONLY apply to Mexicans.

Eagles another poster who is permanente got his 50 % in Chapala , I was told by the Chapala office that

permanente got discounts, the law you just posted says only Mexican citizens...obviously neither management nor communication are Simapa strong points.

Each municipality can do what they want so who knows what next yer will be like..

By the way the gardner her and I are Mexican citizens and we did not get the discount either. Thanks for posting the law . I could not make it today as I was delayed when I paid the car registration but I am going back in there on Monday.

This morning I paid for the predial taxes (up 25% for me) and I showed my Mexican passport..that is not good enough you have to have you INE/IFE and INAPAM to get the discount. I received 15% so I am not sure if I really go any discount at all....

The reporter clarified that one the 15% discount is for paying early, the people who have ouses worth less than 420 000 pesos and who are citizens and over 60 get the discount on the predial.

This kind of stuff always made me crazy when we lived in Mexico. Once a rule or law is changed no one in authority understands it and everyone has a different interpretation. I am a straight arrow and I was always sort of paranoid about whether or not I was obeying the rules. Made me nuts.

It is just poor management, all the head of the department or whoom ever is in charge decide what the rules ae, write them down, has a staff meeting and pin the rules on the walls so veryone knows..I do not

care what they decide but I wish we did not get a different response every time the same question is

asked.

• 2 years later...

Hello, we have a big property in Chapala and a couple of months ago Simapa installed a water meter outside out property. We just received our first bill and it is for 20,000 pesos. The name on the bill is from the previous owner which was 5 years ago. Seems like we are back paying for 5 years of water use. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem? Were you able to fix the situation? Or did you have to pay the full amount?

Unless you put the account in your name it would be in the previous name.  All water accounts should have been made current at settlement and proof of same provided.  I'd start by going in there (with a fluent Spanish speaker if you are not) and asking to see the recorded meter data.  

This is probably a screw up.

Archived