Chapala.com Webboard

Wanted: Long Term Rental

My wife and I are moving to Chapala March 1st and have a place rented for that month. For the following year we hope to find a long term rental in Chapala centro (not Ajijic etc). Our ideal home would be furnished, have two bedrooms, be no more than three blocks walk from Madero, and would allow Leslie's cat.

Looking for something in the range of 4-6 hundred USD.

Eric

I think you're asking for something reasonable, and something that you can find. However, I think you're going to find it here, with your boots on the ground. Central Chapala is not Ajijic, and a house in that price range in all likelihood isn't going to be property managed by a real estate company. It will quite likely be a Mexican landlord, and you're likely to find it word of mouth. That said, I could be wrong on all counts.... I do rent in Chapala, and do rent in the $600 USD range.

I rent in Chapala in the $400 range. I have two bedrooms, two baths and the house is furnished. I also have pets. I am further out of El Centro than you are looking for.

I agree with Datura. Your price range is doable. I also agree that you are most likely to find it when you are here. However, putting out feelers as you are doing is a good idea too. Also post on Inside Lakeside.

A friend found the perfect apartment for her when she attended a party about two weeks after arriving here. She was chatting about what she was looking for and one of the other guests happened to be managing an apartment for a friend. The apartment had just become available. So, you never know. Chat up everyone you meet and attend everything to which you are invited whenever possible. Best of luck!

Archived