Chapala.com Webboard

I am always amazed by the gobbledegook that people will believe. The evidence, shaky at best, is just anecdotal. Is it not interesting that some of these fads promote products with made-up names, or just a name in some exotic foreign language?

Even Dr. Oz recently got into serious trouble for some of his claims, which had no basis in fact. I understand that today his guest was some sort of psychic, into channeling & talking to the dead. So much for his credibility.

Please avoid fads. Just eat your fruits and vegetables, have some yoghurt, etc. and enjoy life.

If you are ill, see your doctor. If a blood or stool test indicates a specific problem, follow his advice; not that of someone who never took a science course in their whole life.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also suggest that the best prevention is to watch what you eat. Make sure you wash everything and soak your vegies and fruits into a coloidal silver or Albiosan product. I even wash my eggs with soap and my hands after touching them. I scrub and wash with soap all the fruits with a peel.

Do not touch those salsas they give you in a restaurant. You don't know how well those tomatoes have been handled and what water they use to wash them. As I never eat lettuce.

Even the best immune system is not preventing you from getting infected by parasites or ameobies. If you get the bug, you get the bug.

Abusing antibiotics leads to other problems: an increase of yeast and Candida Albican in your guts, which is very hard to get rid of. Also other opportunistic becateria that we all carry and need will take the place of the dead ones thus the need to replenish your guts with probiotics. There, again, those are not all created equal.

The famous Yakult suggested here in Mexico is full of sugar. And we know that parasites thrive on sugar.

The University College London researchers investigated whether the probiotics contained as many live bacteria as claimed on the label, which are good for the body. They also tested whether the bacteria survived when it passed through the stomach and whether they then flourished in the gut.

Four – Align, Bio Balance, Bio-Kult and Probio7 – did not pass a single one of the tests.

Yoghurt drinks and Yakult contained enough bacteria at first but failed in the next two stages while its rival Actimel also fell short on the number of bacteria surviving in the stomach.

The best prevention: Watch where and what you eat. Avoid sugars. Eat plenty of vegies and fruits. Take alchool in moderation. And wash and desinfect everything before.

It's a choice to make.

Good luck!

I forgot something.

This is a serious article with “experts” opinions. :unsure:

Experts say that a single dose of probiotic should contain at least 10 billion bacteria. Dr Sandra McFarlane, senior research microbiologist at Dundee University, says it’s probably best to take probiotics in capsules with an “enteric coating” to protect them from stomach acid. She also suggests taking probiotics with food to buffer the acid.

I see two controversial opinions only in those few lines.

10 billion bacteria needed – other serious studies pretend we need at least 20 billion. -- Wow, I hope they count every one of them in the yoghurt and various probiotics on the market.

Take probiotics with food to buffer the acid. --- Again, other studies pretend to take them on an empty stomach to avoid the acidity our stomach produces to digest food.

We are also given testimonies of people who pretend probtiotics cured them. --- What they don’t mention is that those people have also changed their diet drastically: mainly, cutting sugars and carbohydrate or simply ate better.

I’m not saying not to take probiotics. Take them if you enjoy them. It’s certainly better than drinking Pops or orange juice (from cartons) that is full of sugar. Just don’t go overboard and be fooled by all that publicity pushing all kinds of products that might not even work—and for many other reasons.

Of course, it's just my opinion.

http://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/youve-got-worms/

“When your body has a healthy, strong, immune system, it can deal with most parasites.”

I think we went through this on another thread. Good grief Koko, did your mother tell you this? You want to eat as many of those bacteria as you can. Eat that salsa. Buy eggs covered in poop, at least they weren’t bleached. Buy you meat covered in flies. Eat tons of lettuce rinsed with tap water. Drink raw milk. Stop using a microwave. It’s no wonder everybody’s sick.

So off you go to buy your Acidophilus. But wait that’s only one strain. Lets spend more and buy that one that has 4 strains, or wait, how about the one with 10 strains. These are all bacteria, just like you would get if you ate the way people ate for the last 10,000 years. You think Obama lies? He’s an angel compared to the medical profession. Stop destroying your food and always follow the 3 rules for good health. #1. Don’t go to a doctor. #2. Don’t ever go to a doctor. #3. Whatever you do, don’t go to a doctor.

Most of you are going to attack this but all you really need to do is look up John Rockefeller and see how the medical establishment was created (along with the Fed) in 1913. It certainly wasn’t for your benefit. Never take a pharmaceutical drug or vaccine. Hopefully, one of you out there, somewhere, will get it.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, lcscats said:

Dr. Garcia has good diagnostic skills which is what you need.  Lets hope that any doctor could help you so go see one and not be confused by all this info.

This has not been my experience with Dr. Garcia, nor of several of my friends.  Same can be said of Dr. Leon and Dr. Theresa in Joco.

• mod-3 locked this topic

Archived