Chapala.com Webboard

The Ajijic Tianguis Project has been changed

HarryB

Only your action will assure that we have safe access to the sports facilities, Charros and the Tianguis of Ajijic. Act now, the work has started and will end in a week!

In order to obtain federal funding the federal government required the change of the project to two smooth adoquin strips of 110 centimeters and 160 centimeters, in order to forster car passage. This totally defeats the original intent of our project.

The original project calls for a wide pad at the top and bottom of Av. Revolucion, a wide smooth surface down the center from the Carretera to Calle Constitucion and a one block extension down Calle Guadalupe Victoria. All of this has been eliminated except for the two strips mentioned above.

This not only defeats the intent of supplying safe and convenient transversal for the sports, charro and Tianguis area on the east of Ajijic. It defeats the coordinated project of supplying handicap ramps along Guadalupe Victoria which would also allow access to the cultural venues at the Plaza.

Worse yet, it promotes the use of the area by youths as a drag strip which would be dangerous to all!

Please sign now and forward to as many concerned friends as you can for their participation. Only by our action today will the authorities hear our plea!!!!

default_petition_200x200-9ac5930d60b52d5

Residents and visitors of Ajijic Mexico: Please help ref...
Only your action will assure that we have safe access to the sports facilities, Charros and the Tianguis of Ajijic. Act now, the work has started and...

Preview by Yahoo

The donated funds were returned long ago; except for those who re-donated so other projects could proceed.

this project is going ahead. It is just whether it will serve the community or be a nuisance?

What they need to do is to do the street like Colon and put some speed bumps in it. I've always thought that the combination of those easily dislodged rocks and the flat pavers isn't going to be very durable.

Speed humps will hamper shoppers at the Tianguis, you'll have to constantly monitor your footing. I still think the Tianguis should move to the park adjacent to the malecon. Shoppers can walk on the flat cement walkways, and in the wider areas of the malecon itself, the basketball courts and the auditorio area. Trying to re-engineer an existing hilly street for pedestrians is more trouble than its worth, it seems.

the mexican community would never approve the filth accumulated every wednesday nor give up their park!!!

1. I walk the malecon daily; the adjacent park is pretty empty weekdays from 9 til 3, the Tianguis' hours;

2. Mexicans shop the tianguis and many of them live closer to the malecon (6 corners, etc.) than Revolucion;

3. Every weekend, especially holiday weekends, the malecon park is FULL with vendors, large family picnics, etc. by Monday at 10AM it's clean!

4. I've walked on Revolucion plenty of Thursday mornings (the day after the Tianguis), and it's clean, too!

but have you seen it at 3 p.m. on wednesday when the mexican families would start coming down to the park? do you actually that they haven 't considered this before?

but have you seen it at 3 p.m. on wednesday when the mexican families would start coming down to the park? do you actually that they haven 't considered this before?

3 PM, surely you jest! Schools aren't even emptied by 3. The workers (laborers, retailers, maids) don't get off at 3....far from it! Weekdays the malecon is quite empty until 7PM, and even then it's sketchy.

Either you are woefully out of touch or hiding the truth found in Pappy'smarket's comment.

PS:: What magical event occurs when you get 100 signatures?? The gobierno de Chapala will capitulate??

Harry has there been some miscommunication between what your/Ajijic, wished for and what the State/City regulations specifications are??

I am not sure I understand where your concern is..""defeats the intent of supplying safe and convenient transverse for the sports, charro and Tianguis area on the east of Ajijic.""

With regard to your reference to handicap ramps..with respect if you have every tried to use most of the side walks in Ajijic you will realize that they are not wheel chair friendly and putting the ramps in are for the most part cosmetic ..sorry

Thank you for all of your help, Harry. I greatly appreciate your efforts. Let's hope that we are not too late. I'm not sure what the workers were doing this afternoon, but they were already laying brick I think in the middle of the road. Of course I signed your support document and have been and will be asking others to help.

Pete

Thank you for all of your help, Harry. I greatly appreciate your efforts. Let's hope that we are not too late. I'm not sure what the workers were doing this afternoon, but they were already laying brick I think in the middle of the road. Of course I signed your support document and have been and will be asking others to help.

Pete

Pete

I guess Pete the center of the street is where we all walk when the tianguis is sent up. The outside of the street is were the vendors are...so what is the concern...can you explain

Archived