Chapala.com Webboard

INAPAM signup June 3rd???

Sandrita

I just called INAPAM 800 number and told them that there never were enough cards in Chapala they told me to go to Guadalajara

. I was told they will issue you a card even if you are from a different area in Jalisco.

I am not sure if getting a van is a good idea as if you overwhelme them they may hide cards to but if you pool together on different days I would think you caould get a card qithout problems.

If the headquarters for Jalisco doe not have cards then that pretty much ends it...

I would go there with passport, visa card electric bill photos infantil curp and of

course who knows howmany copies but I would say two or 3 just to make sure.

They have phto places and copy places around the Federal building so you can always get more pictires or copies if you need them.

Good luck

What is a DIF Card? Friends just asked.....I couldn't be specific.

What are the advantages of it?

It is usually good for discounts at labs - last year in Guad, I saved a couple thousand pesos on some tests

Focus on mexico has a good write up - http://www.focusonmexico.com/Applying_for_DIF.html They also have a PDF list of places that offer DIF discount - but the document is undated - so who knows what decade.

Here is what they say:

• You have discounts (5% to 50%) on hotels, drugstores, travel agencies, doctors, medical services, buses and other transportation, museums, parks and theaters (Teatro Degollado), restaurants (Sanborns), furniture stores, hotels, even hospitals (Hospital San Pio, 20% discount and Hospital Santa Margarita, 10% discount…among the eight on the list) and much more.

DIF is state - INAPAM is country - and that is the good one - with INAPAM you can also get discounts on buses to Guad and a lot more. As I recall, Walmart had a signup one day a few months back for INAPAM discounts.

Archived