Chapala.com Webboard

Mom Died

Oatsie

We were just at Mom's in Riberas and found out that "Mom" passed away yesterday (Easter Sunday) morning. She was operated on for Cancer 4 weeks ago.

The sign says "No memorial, No service and No Grieving". It also says that the restaurant will stay open as before.

RIP Mom....

What a loss. It has been a few months since we were in buying out the frozen section and stocking up on scones. She seemed so healthy and was so helpful and cheerful ... geez, we never know when it is we are seeing someone for the last time. How important to be kind and go the extra mile always.

Yes, Mom and the Deli are an institution here. When I first moved to Ajijic all those many years ago she made me feel welcome and gave me an extra piece of lemon pie. God bless her family. There are many stories of Mom's graciousness.

My deepest condolences to the family. I knew Mae, Rod and Camille before there was Mom's. Some of us remember that Rod was the first to bring the internet to Chapala. Before that, we had to dial up to Guadalajara. That family has made great contributions to our area.

Que Descanses en Paz, Mae.

Met Mae when she worked with Spencer and the chicken guy in Spencer's restaurant. In the 17 yrs.since then I have always been a big fan and to have learned of her passing is a shock to say the least. I will miss her a lot. Thanks to all that she and her family have done for this community.

Condolences to the family. I hope that finally Mae has earned her retirement. RIP Mae.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind thoughts, condolences and e-mails, Mom was a great woman and she endured a lot, just my teen years alone would be enough to put a few extra years on anyone, but she made it through those years. I can only say I am very proud she raised me and It was a real shocker to the family when we found out she was ill, but fortunately she suffered very little and left us peacefully Easter Sunday morning. While she is no longer here her memories will be with us forever.

Rod

Met Mae when she worked with Spencer and the chicken guy in Spencer's restaurant. In the 17 yrs.since then I have always been a big fan and to have learned of her passing is a shock to say the least. I will miss her a lot. Thanks to all that she and her family have done for this community.

Condolences to the family. I hope that finally Mae has earned her retirement. RIP Mae.

If I recall correctly her advertisment when she left the chicken place to open a new location,was THE CHICKENS HAVE FLOWN THE COUP

Archived