Chapala.com Webboard

Costco

gogirl

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as usual this board has been disappointing and a tad nasty. A simple yes or no was all I was looking for.

Guest bennie2

the express delivery service does not filet fish or meat. you have to do this yourself. for me it was the deal breaker. but i would not want to have a costco here.

Let's be real. According to reports, there are thousands of people from Joco through Chapala: That's "Lakeside".

Guadalajara has millions of people. It has two Costco stores. Demographics, anyone? Those who run the numbers at Costco Mexico main headquarters wisely determine where there is sufficient population to support a store. So far, they don't seem to think this is it.

One of the "chuckles" I've noticed is that Pancho from Superlake seems to beat Lakeside Express into Costco and grab the supply of the more popular items, like some frozen foods his customers like. Good businessman.

Guest bennie2

never been in a costco. yes superlake has products. bought paper towels today, 2 rice milks all kirkland. superlake is where i draw the line for "big" stores. i like to get in & get out.

mexicans are not "people"?

. yes of course mexicans are people, where did i say different? any sensible person would know that these stores need to have a certain number of inhabitents within a certain radius. say 100,000 in 5 miles for expample, this would justfy a store, same as mcdonalds , hard rock etc..they all have certain criteria, and lakeside , including mexicans , is no where near big enough for any of these.. thank god !

Costco doesn't build in small town. Heck, the local WalMart isn't even full size.

A little bit of planning and management enables us to enjoy the benefits of having Costco while only going every 3 months. It does pretty much chop up a day to go there. When the new ring road cuota opens, by far the fastest way to get there will be to take Chapala highway to the new road, over to Lopez Mateos and then to Costco. We greatly prefer the new one and I usually go to Home Depot at the same time.

Yes I have heard this rumor and was from a Mexican. Who was very excited. I sure hope it is true....we could use something where we have more choices at reasonable prices. Would not help me to use Lakeside Express as I buy way too many items. I have been here way before Walmart even, and frankly Walmart is pretty frequently quite busy...and has been welcome to this area by all I notice.

There are 3 Costco's I believe in Guadalajara, just saying...

I so hope the rumor is true....I remember first Soriana came, that was great then just okay, then Walmart, well time for Costco..

Wow I was just wondering if any one had heard what I did. Didn't know I would start such a firestorm! Time will tell.

Archived