Chapala.com Webboard

ANY ONE HAVING SHORTAGES OF WATER IN LOWER RIBERA'S

Our housekeeper was doing laundry - came to tell me that the machine had been filling for over an hour and still didn't have enough water to start the machine. With-in ten minutes or so we didn't have any water. Pump was running - but no water. Looked in our aljibe and all we found was air. Called Simapa and was told several areas did not receive their water because of sand clogged pipes. They are coming within the hour to take of the problem. Weird!!!!!

They're not sending much down the line in the SW corner of Riberas, I'm trying to balance between my pool guy and gardener and holding out enough to take a shower and Easter weekend is coming and that's always a bad time when everyone comes to town and fills their pools etc.

My title should have said upper Riberas:):)

I still get only trickle going throug my Aljibe, if it was not from some nice people that let me used their supply to fill it up I would still be dried.

A friend of mine called 3 times Simapa and they are aware of the problem. They said they wsend worker over on Monday to blow the dirt out of the pipe. Tomorrow is Wednesday so maybe they will show up. :):):)

Granada, I know how you are feeling, the only tip I can get you is remove the valve straight out. Sometimes the dirt is at the valve and by removing the valve will get the flow back into the pipe.

In my case, no such luck it is further down the pipe and I need a long snake to poke into the pipe.

You need to find some nice neighbour that will let you fill up your aljibe, it takes almost 2 days.

My aljibe has not had any water for a week. Five work orders started at Simapa and no one has shown up to unclog the pipes. Any tips

on getting them to actually come out and check the line?

Remove your shut off valve to see if there is dirt impeding the line. It did not work for me as the debris is further down the line.

Common? well - yes, I've been here directly below Mirasol 3 blocks for nearly 7 years and it is what it is. I wouldn't tell you not to buy, but just be aware of the "challenges" of living here. Charges? - I'm not the owner, but I think it's currently on an annual basis and I can tell you we use mucho agua, so it can't be much.

Simapa finally showed up this afternoon and cleared my pipe. The Aljibe took over 4 hours to fill. I was going to their office daily and being told the crew would be over n a few minutes. I had a Mexican friend who knows someone there call on my behalf and they finally showed up. Only took them 5 minutes and my water is back.

Sunshineyday this is the first issue I have had with water in Riberas. When I lived up on the hill in West Ajijic my aljibe went dry several times. Things happen here, and we survive. I love Lower Riberas, warts and all.

Archived