Chapala.com Webboard

Taxes paid today in Jocotepec

Car tax....only a 15% discount for early payment.....so a 17% increase over last year

House....received the over 60 yrs of age discount....so a 3% increase over last year

Water..... " " " " " " " Ditto

Lines for car tax....took one hour. Lines for House and water....no wait.

Am I satisfied? You bet!

I foolishly waited until 11 am thinking the crowd at the car tax windows would be light That cost me an hour...but at 12 there was no one at Hacienda.

Some people got surprised by speeding tickets from the cameras in Guad and that slowed up the lines.

You only need your plate number or last years receipt....everything is printed out...a new receipt and a new sticker.

The car tax office is on Matamoros SUD...towards the lake; parking sucks. The RED bus station is on the same street.

Matamoros is one way so you can't turn at Santander bank....you must go around the block...take your first parking space. The office is open at 8:30 and closes at 2:30.

I'm surprised that you got the house age discount as there have been signs there for years saying it only applied to Mexican citizens. Maybe you are such.

I just might be such BUT they were giving it to holders that were permanent residents as well.........

I have doubts about permanent residents receiving the discount, UNLESS they own a house evaluated at no more than (?) $200,000 pesos I believe if my memory is good. they have cut foreigners off in Joco for a while already.

Archived