Chapala.com Webboard

How many millionaires in Chapala-Ajijic area

freshjuice23

Ask me twenty years ago and there where plenty of heavy hitters with lots of money who never complained about price, most of them having full time maids and gardeners. Not anymore, in my opinion there are lots of bargain hunters, I mean it is still cheaper here than in the U.S. but ask me how many Mexican millionaires are here lakeside there are many, and the do spend money, but fortunately only on the weekends, they are the ones keeping businesses above water. I think the days of the north american big spenders are gone, at least for a while.

The future here lakeside will most likely be Tapatios from the big city moving lakeside for them everything is cheaper here. If you dont believe me ask many of the long term business owners and I believe they would agree.

Millionaires are long ago gone.

I remember 20-25 years ago when gringos used to custom build these huge, marvelous and luxurious homes,with fulltime gardeners and maids, when you used to see brand new luxury cars cruising around, when real state developers / contractors made millions out of these people.

Not anymore.

People these days are more budget oriented and not willing to spend all their money at once.

I'm seeing more than a few huge, marvelous and luxury homes being build next door to me in La Floresta, obviously by Mexicans. As for the luxury cars, just look around you on the weekends when the Tapatios are in town. Or right next door to me when some of them are here in their Mercedes and BMWs.

This area is still a draw for the big bucks. Just different big bucks is all. I think this will expand as more and more of the well paid executives working around the airport and south realize this area is more pleasant and easier to commute to than Zapopan and the other rich neighborhoods of GDL.

Archived