Chapala.com Webboard

Where to complain about the lack of progress with our Permanente visas

Zanadu44

I know I am not the only one here whose Permanente visa paperwork has been stalled in the Chapala office. According to my lawyer there has been NO Permanente visas processed in the Chapala office since March. My lawyer and I am sure other lawyers have done their best and continue working to try to get the Chapala office to move on our paperwork. It should not take this long. We need to start doing our part and complain to Immigration officials about what is (not) going on in this Chapala office. We hope that the more complaints they receive from those affected that someone in a higher authority will realize that something needs to change in the Chapala office to move these applications along in a timely fashion. You can call the Guadalajara office after 1 pm to issue a complaint. The land line number from the Lake Chapala area 01-3339420290. You can also call the Mexico City office at 01-800-0046264. Apparently there is also a complaint form on the INM website as well. When you call you will need to provide them with your NUT number so they can look you up in the system. LET’S GET SOME MOVEMENT WITH OUR VISAS!!!!

My Permanente was issued to me around June 14th, after being initiated on April 27th, by the Chapala office. I didn't have any real problems which I did not cause myself. Once we followed our advocates instructions, it was easy-peezy. They did screw up my spouse's Temporada, however, but she will be getting her card next week. (got fingerprinted last week)

Got three people I know personally in the last week who have been processed for permanentes.

While I feel your agony, complaining won't help. This is not a local problem. This is a direct result of the changeover in government and the litany of rewritten "rules" and "laws" that they are all trying to understand as much as we are. Moving experienced people out of our office here has not helped one iota.

Just got wifes temp resident after three visits and a month wait. The problem is that they no longer have the machine to make the cards. They have to send to Mexico City and wait for return. If you want to complain, you need to do it at Mexico City INM . Maybe there is a website .

Just got wifes temp resident after three visits and a month wait. The problem is that they no longer have the machine to make the cards. They have to send to Mexico City and wait for return. If you want to complain, you need to do it at Mexico City INM . Maybe there is a website .

Yes, Harry, there is a website:http://www.inm.gob.mx/

Because my wife is still waiting for HER new RP visa (application accepted on April 24, fingerprinted July 1, supposed to be ready on July 22), we are all too familiar with INM--we live in Mexico City, as you know. Judy (my wife) has so far been required to go into the INM office here NINE TIMES for various things, although her application was correct when INM accepted it. Visit #7 was to apply for (and then go back a week later, Visit #8) to pick up) a letter of permission to leave the country without a visa, since we had made reservations to fly to the US at the end of June. We believed that we had allowed plenty of time for the new visa to be in her hands, but nope. Visit #9 was for fingerprints.

The deal is that INM/Mexico City is so totally swamped right now that they are not answering emails and they are also not answering their phones. When we call, we get an endless electronic menu that never reaches the desk of an actual person. Judy says that every time she is in the building there are literally thousands of people from all over the world waiting in line for resolution of one problem or another related to the new INM regulations. And that's just foreign people at INM/Mexico City.

For what it's worth, read this for one clue about the INM situation:

http://www.jornada.unam.mx/ultimas/2013/07/08/18422129-despiden-a-cerca-de-620-elementos-del-inm-por-corrupcion-y-otras-irregularidades

I don't have a clue about what the OP needs to do about her situation, or what any of the people who believe their applications are stalled in Chapala should do. The problems might be with the tiny Chapala office, but the same kind of problems exist in the enormous multi-story national office as well. Continuous follow-up and a big dose of patience are recommended.

Also here in Chapala, a lot of approvals are being sent to Guadalajara, whereas when the local office started, a good deal of the work was done here, saving time and confusion. I know at least two people who had all their papers "lost" after submission, and stories of several others.

I don't understand why they took away the card printers. This seems to have caused the enormous fowl up. Sure it gives central control, but , all the back and forth causes losses and waits. Viva Mexico!

Somewhere in the recesses of my mind, I have a feeling that the reduced need for INM services, due to so many becoming Residente Permanente and newbies having to use consulates, will result in Chapala losing the local INM office. Then, we can all go to Guadalajara, as we did this week for fingerprinting, and were in and out in 20 minutes.

I don't understand why they took away the card printers. This seems to have caused the enormous fowl up. Sure it gives central control, but , all the back and forth causes losses and waits. Viva Mexico!

Certainly for security. Contracting that operation to one source makes it easier to monitor and allows for a more sophisticated card with security features. A Green Card anywhere is a valuable thing; especially one without an expiration date.

Well I will gladly go to the Guad office to get fingerprinted if that means I will get my visa sooner..

Zanadu, you can't be fingerprinted until everything is done and INM is ready to print your card. INM notifies you to appear for fingerprinting via the website where you check your status. Are you checking your status regularly, using the case number and the NUT that INM gave you when you started the process?

Zanadu, you can't be fingerprinted until everything is done and INM is ready to print your card. INM notifies you to appear for fingerprinting via the website where you check your status. Are you checking your status regularly, using the case number and the NUT that INM gave you when you started the process?

I understand that Liana....and I check the website at least 3 times a day...

I understand that Liana....and I check the website at least 3 times a day...

So does my wife, it's a huge pain in the you-know-what. If it's any consolation, we're right there with you.

I posted an update from my inquiry yesterday under the "Permanente Visa" thread.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived