Chapala.com Webboard

Are Financials Needed or Not for Permanente?

I'm confused.

I have an FM3 with the number '4' on the back (as in 'four years').

I have been reading on this board that if you have an FM3 with a '4' on the back, financials are NOT necessary when applying for permanente status.

Yet my facilitator, whose services I have used for more than a decade, tells me that financials ARE necessary in order for me to get permanente status.

I have several months before I need to renew my immigrant status and I'm well aware that the rules and regulations will almost certainly change - or at least be clarified - before my renewal date.

However, I would really appreciate knowing for a fact whether financials are required for someone who has an FM3 with a '4' on the back and is applying for permanente status.

Thanks in advance for any responses to my question....

Current practice is that financials and are not required for permanent if you change within the 30 days before expiration and you have a 3 or 4 on the back of your card. If you renew early or late or do not have a 3 or 4 then financials are required and must be translated by a perito traductor (me).

Thanks very much for your response, Spencer.

I now understand why the facilitator told me that financials would be required in my situation, since I would have been applying EARLY.

I'll wait until 30 days before my FM3's expiration date before applying for permanente status.

Archived