ericurmudgeon

Travel medical insurance?

16 posts in this topic

I suspect this has been discussed before but, I am looking for current information. :-)

Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain travel medical insurance for driving from Mexico to Canada? I can obtain insurance for my trip down from Canada but want to avoid having to buy insurance for our time in Mexico. My insurance company in Canada will not provide this interrupted cover. If there is coverage available in Mexico, are there any hidden snags to consider?

Thanks in advance.

Julie Ray covers whatever time you need. 766-2795. She does an excellent job.

Hi again. I am not sure if I made myself clear in my original post so will try again.

I am wondering if it is possible to get travel medical insurance to cover us for a car trip originating in Mexico going through the US to Canada. I need to cover the time in the US. Hope this makes sense. :-)

Thanks again.

Julie Ray covers whatever time you need. 766-2795. She does an excellent job.

Thanks for this Shira. Do you have an email address by chance?

This is what I used to use when travelling to Canada.

http://www.coverme.com/products/travel-insurance.jsp?MKT=MFC

It is Manulife Travel Insurance for Canadians. There is a phone number at the bottom of the web page if you require more information. I just filled out the online application and paid with my credit card. I got back an almost immediate e-mail reply with a print out of the policy.

You can choose your deductible, etc. etc.

Never actually had to use them but had enough close calls with $%&/()s who drive to give me a reality check. I could end up in the hospital and it might not be my fault.

Well worth the premium for peace of mind.

Try World Nomads. They will cover you for any country except your official country of residence. They have excellent medical coverage as part of their overall travel insurance package. Fairly inexpensive too.

http://www.worldnomads.com/travel-insurance/get-a-quote.aspx?country=MEX&utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=&_wat_id=9a0a460c7aec451890d5bb7a1b74ec76_1

We have also used Julie on a vacation.

Julianne Ray, CTC

Ray Travel Resources

julianneray@gmail.com

www.RayTravelResources.com

+52 376 766 2795 - phone (Mexico)

520 464 2407 - phone (US line)

504 285 7212 - fax (US line)

Skype - julianne2005

OFFICE HOURS - M - F 9 AM - 6 PM CST

2163 LIMA LOOP #071363

LAREDO, TX 78045

Hello all. I am still working on this. I had some communication with Julianne Ray but she seems to have gone "walkabout". Does anyone know if she is still around and if so how to get in touch. Thanks.

Julie Ray is definitely in business and writing travel policies. Try her Skype number in the event she is temporarily travelling.

Hello all. I am still working on this. I had some communication with Julianne Ray but she seems to have gone "walkabout". Does anyone know if she is still around and if so how to get in touch. Thanks.

Last month she said she was going to be traveling but indicated that her business never sleeps so when traveling she is always checking in online. Email should work but may be a delay in response.

Our Canadian bank is Scotiabank. We go online in Mexico to their website and purchase x number of days insurance from them to cover the trip from the Mexican border to the Canadian border (and the other way round when we come south) Inexpensive, simple and, though we've thankfully never had to collect on it, appears to be perfectly legit.