Chapala.com Webboard

Leather Furniture here - Good idea or bad?

Travis

I can tell you we had leather furniture on the coast where the climate is really is hot and sticky...the leather furniture was not. Cool to the touch and cool to sit on yet the opposite in the colder weather.

Furniture 4 Less has a good selection...some very comfortable. Enjoy.

No problem unless you have cats. Our cats do not scratch the furniture but do jump on and off of our leather chairs. In doing so they have marked them up some what. And their claws are cut regularly.

Second the motion to all of the above. We LOVE our leather double recliner. And we bought it right here on Chapala.com! The former owner advertised it, we bought it, he shipped it to Morelia. Cool in the summer, warm in the winter, easy to clean. Bingo.

We have leather and considering the dust very practical. Liverpool in May will have a huge semi-annual sale. In addition to the special sale they will have further specials on floor models. Our discount totalled 40% when we agreed to take sofa, chair and love seat. Made in Guadalajara and after a year can say very good quality for $2500 for all 3 pieces. They likely still deliver to lakeside for free.

I'm using the brand Exial which I bought at Superlake. It says "Cera Crema para maderas, viniles y pieles". Cleans, shines, humidifys and protects.

The worst thing that happened to our leather was a maid. Came home one day to find her cheerfully cleaning it with WINDEX. It deteriorated rather badly after that and we had to have it recovered with material. Be warned!

• 4 years later...

High end? Well, a few years ago at least there were some expensive ones, I priced a leather recliner at C&D (I think) at what would have been $1,500USD at the time, I asked why so much, they said it was "imported" - from where? - Canada. Ok, next, bought a nice one for 1/3 that, so yes there are some high priced, but high end? - probably have to go to Guad or maybe along the furniture strip out by Ocatlan.

Ocotlan furniture stores have lots, mostly modern or contemporaneous styles. Depends on what you are looking for. Furniture for less will order anything you want, mostly deal with traditional stylrs (Palliser, Lane etc). There is also the furniture strip with Artex-Plascencia-Tutto Pelli (Italian leather) on Lopez Mateos at Popocatepetl, near Plaza del Sol, NW side of the road. "Mueblas Artex" and "Bo Concept" make lovely modern and Danish style furniture. Both have web sites. Major stores like Liverpool, Palacio de Hierro sell top line and designer models but have a good range of prices. Some in stock items may ship here in a 10 days, but waiting several months is not unusual here.

http://www.mueblesartex.com/

http://www.boconcept.com/es-mx/furniture

Archived