bdmowers

Best vitamins on the lake?

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a recommendation for where to buy the best basic vitamins here on the lake?

The neighbours next to the Chapala consignment store (142 Morelos), bring them from the States and often have to many of them. Most of the day, they have their garage doors wide open.

We order from Puritan Pride and ship to Sol y Luna. Tremendous savings even with the charges and more variety than here.

If you want freshness and some degree of quality, then it's off to Costco. I personally trust Vitacost the most and order from them. There are various ways to get it into Mexico. Or ask someone like Barbara Rothwaller, she always has good advice.

Barbara Rotthaler is very well-known and respected in the community. She works out of her house in San Antonio but I believe she is in Germany til June. Her phone number is 766.1987 She can be contacted via internet at barbararotthaler@gmail.com. Her website is chapalahealth.com.

I order mine from drugstore.com. Even with shipping charges it is cheaper than buying here. Vitamins here are priced like prescription drugs. However, if you are desperate there is a GNC store on the first floor of Mega on Lopez Mateo.

The health food store at the Montana Plaza is reasonable with Swanson Vitamins.

Colon and the carretra in Ajijic.

I personally trust Vitacost the most and order from them. There are various ways to get it into Mexico.

I really like Vitacost too, but they don't ship to Mexico. Will you please share the 'various ways' you have of getting them here? Other than having friends bring them for you, of course. Thanks in advance.

I don't ship anything to Mexico since I come and go and bring my Vitacost supplies with me. You would need to ship to one of those mail box addresses in Texas.

Handimail won't bring down any packages like that. I don't know about Mailboxes, Etc. You CAN have the item shipped directly to the Handimail address in San Antonio, though, and they'll hold them for you there.

Best bet is to find someone who is driving down to carry your vitamins when them.