Chapala.com Webboard

Flying North

jimbeamer

Yes.... Actually, you have to go to the INM booth that is located at the west end on the departure area, just before the International arrival area and fill out a form that the person in the booth will give you. Once filled out, return it to him and he will give part of it back to you. You retain the part form with you while away and turn it back in to the INM official when you return.

Usually, there isn't a line up at the INM booth, but I'd budget 1/2 hour just to be sure.

I usually do it before checking my bag at the departures counter, but I'm not sure if that is necessary or not. Perhaps someone else knows.

We just got back from a week long trip to the US so got to see all the procedures in "compressed time." This is what you do:

1. Take your Visa, Passport and flight information to the Immigration window. They will give you a form that you fill out which includes spaces to put in your passport number and your flight info.

2. You give that, your passport and visa to the immigration official who then gives you back part of the form you just filled out. You take that form to the airline checkin along with your passport.

3. Store that form with your passport (and visa) in a safe place as you will need it upon return to Mexico. Have it, your passport and visa in hand when you get to the immigration counter at the Guad airport.

Just in case the OP's question has another meaning....you do NOT have to show your FM3 when you arrive in or leave the U.S. You DO have to show it when you leave and re-enter Mexico as the previous posters have indicated.

Archived