phil in mexico

remote control airplanes

36 posts in this topic

Count another one in, maybe someone can help me learn what I obviously don't know yet.

the meeting was fun ....any one know who is in charge of unlocking the soccer field gate by the tienges road in Ajijic ?

I'm new to this forum, but am also interested in RC aircraft. Did you guys manage to get a group organized & have regular meetings or??

Did you find an area to fly? Thanks.

Apologies for resurrecting this old thread, but did anything ever come of this group. Would love to know if there is an active group lakeside. I know there is one in Guad but membership is fairly steep because they own their own "airport".

conejorapido

I've been in touch with Gravy. But he's the only one. I do have a plane I'd like to fly & think I may have a place to do it in Ajijic.

The new remote control airplanes are DRONES - I am sure we will see them take over for a lot of things we were brought up with.

You guys are out of date - its all about the Kopter Kittens these days!

kopterkitten.gif

Too old to go swimming after models .......but they do float ! ....

LOL! I had a boat sank about one mile off of 6-corners area... and swam to shore. Lying on the beach, exhausted, gasping for air, a young Mexican lad who was tending cows on the shoreline with his father and brother walked up to me and said "Hey Gringo, why did you swim? The lake is so shallow that you could have walked from where your boat sank."