Chapala.com Webboard

Restaurants and Live Music in Ajijic (New)

crjd

Thanks to the "Walkers" and the word fight that ensued the previous posting got way off track. How do people really think about the local restaurants and live music. Name them and give your honest opinions and leave the mud slinging to some other forum! Please.

How do people really think about the local restaurants and live music.

I like restaurants. I like live music. Sometimes I like restaurants and music together. Sometimes I don't. I like some restaurants more than others. I like some types of music more than others. The only thing that remains absolute and constant is that I always, always, always have a choice of whether or not to walk into a restaurant, any restaurant, whether they have live music, or not.

How hard is this?

Of course we do. We are fortunate in this area to have many choices.

We vote with our feet re restaurants and music. This is not hard at all.

Re the Walkers' restaurant and the music..........I haven't been there......have been waiting to hear that things have settled down. I like Indian music and I like Indian food. it remains to be seen how it works out together. It's always difficult to have live music along with dining, in a small space. Perhaps they will make the garden patio attractive enough to satisfy everyone. I hope so. I salivate at the thought of tandoori chicken and some naan bread.

I have absolutely no problem with Live music in restaurants. If I don't feel like listening to the type being performed, I might go elsewhere. Sometimes it's a bonus to arrive and find a nice trio (or whatever) is performing. As with food, it depends on the mood I'm in... I'm glad to have the choice.

We like music, but if we can't hear each other speak (without shouting) as we converse while dining; we go elsewhere. Background music is OK. Performances should be in venues designed and located for that purpose; not in restaurants.

Guest RevImmigrant

I avoid restaurants with live music since it's always so loud and, usually, if I eat out around here, I go for lunch and not dinner anyway and they usually have live music in the evening.

We like music, but if we can't hear each other speak (without shouting) as we converse while dining; we go elsewhere. Background music is OK. Performances should be in venues designed and located for that purpose; not in restaurants.

Particularly open air ones. Very well and succinctly put, RV.

I have on three occasions paid the musical entertainment NOT to play while we were eating. Just asked what it would cost if they didn't play. They play for tips and if they can make a 2 hour take in one transaction why not. The most was $300 pesos split amoungst 4 couples and was money well spent.

Definitely don't like and won't go to places with loud, blarring music of any kind. Most local mariachi restaurant music is a bad travelogues take on local "charm". I do like professional mariachi as a stage show. And I enjoy the softer background music from our local harpist (at Panino's), and other guitarists, violinists and the like. We avoid the ear splitting eateries like the plague and know most of them, although we have been unpleasantly surprised on occasion when a mariachi group shows up mid way through the meal.

Archived