Chapala.com Webboard

Magazines at LCS

lcsmags

Hi Folks

I took over the Magazine room at LCS and have been trying to improve the condition of the room and the quality and quanity.

I really could use your help! I went door to door in Ajijic and collected 150 magazines and added them to the room but with

high season here we could use more. Please bring in any magazines you have and place them on the table and I will file

them. We may be making changes to the room and magazines next off season and you can always send suggestion to my

email address if you would like to communicate with me. FYI The Magazine room does not have any official budget within

the LCS and it runs on pure donations and volunteers. Without donations it would die quickly as it almost did in the past.

Thanks

lcsmags@gmail.com

I've been donating Analog Magazine for several years and today my wife informed me that people just walk off with them, denying everyone else the enjoyment of reading them. Looks like something needs to be changed.

Not true!! Three of them are on the shelves right now. I read them and return them. Most people return things. I am working to improve the return rate. It is much better than it was.

In the last two days after my request we have recieved over 100 magazines. Please we don't want to make this more complicated than it needs to be. I would like to try and make

the volunteer system work better than to start a checkout of something that requires mucho labor. Give me some time as I also am the cat wrangler and work on computer projects

for LCS. I bet we can make things better in the magazine room in time!!

Thanks

The Magazine Guy

The moderator has told me that I can only have one log on name in my family so I am getting rid of lcsmags. If you would like to

discuss something with me. Please stop by the magazine room at LCS.

Thanks for all the magazines lately. You folks came up to bat and hit one!!

lcsmags

Not true!! Three of them are on the shelves right now. I read them and return them. Most people return things. I am working to improve the return rate. It is much better than it was.

In the last two days after my request we have recieved over 100 magazines. Please we don't want to make this more complicated than it needs to be. I would like to try and make

the volunteer system work better than to start a checkout of something that requires mucho labor. Give me some time as I also am the cat wrangler and work on computer projects

for LCS. I bet we can make things better in the magazine room in time!!

Thanks

The Magazine Guy

THREE OF THEM are on the shelves now? I've donated more than THIRTY of them. The librarian admitted that most have walked off.

Most of all the magazines are stolen. Nothing new there. The idea is to keep bringing new ones in and keep the program going. I can't

change people who are forgetful,lazy, or just don't care and steal. Nature of the beast I am afraid. I appreciate the Analogs and read

every one you donate. Hey we have more magazines in February than we have ever had due to all the folks donating this year. It is

better than it was last high season.

Magperson

• 1 month later...

Well thanks folks we didn't run out of magazines this high season. I very much appreciate you guys coming in with all the magazines. Looking at changing some things and

hope next high season we can have even more magazines. It was nice not to run out of magazines this season.

See you next season

Z

Archived