Chapala.com Webboard

Let's get this on the table and see where it falls

jrm30655

I would gladly pay 1000 pesos for membership in LCS. Currently, that is less than 75 dollars USD, but double what I am paying now. I would be willing to do this only if LCS counts every person as a person and does not give discounts to couples who have dual income and make much more than us singles.. If LCS decides to stop discriminating against single folks and increasing their membership fees fairly and equally to all persons, 2012 could be a bonanza for them in all the help that they do. I filled out their questionare today, but the issue of monetary discrimination between singles and couples was not on their list.

This is their webbsite on this webboard. Please share your thoughts. Whether you agree or disagree with my post. Guess I am just tired of having to pay more and being discriminated against as a single person

Make yourself feel better; support another person on your income. Not every family had two wage earners.

There are two sides to every coin. Actually more sides; as we age, we may begin to outlive our resources and have to give up some things. LCS, MAS, eating out as much, etc., etc.

Hey! What if memberships were based on a percentage of taxable income? Net worth? Home value? Girth? Age?

No matter what, someone would complain.

This is not the LCS

This is their webbsite on this webboard. Please share your thoughts. Whether you agree or disagree with my post. Guess I am just tired of having to pay more and being discriminated against as a single person

Wrong, this is not the LCS website. This is the Coldwell Banker website.

Go to http://www.lakechapalasociety.org/. That is the LCS website. Go to the LCS website and complete the survey they have posted.

The LCS is a paid membership organization and it has clearly defined methods for any member to raise a concern. This, chapala.com, is a free site for anyone to post opinions, regardless of where they live and regardless of whether they are members of any given organization.

I think the OP was just trying to start a discussion and hear what other folks thought. This IS the LCS area for this webboard and he had every right to post his comments,in the correct location on this webboard, and ask for discussion, both pro and con. Seems reasonable to me.

I think the OP was just trying to start a discussion and hear what other folks thought. This IS the LCS area for this webboard and he had every right to post his comments,in the correct location on this webboard, and ask for discussion, both pro and con. Seems reasonable to me.

The OP said he/she would pay more to keep a multi-membership at the same price as a single. I think the OP expressed the opinion that charging a couple less per person was unfair. Tell Mexico the same thing. The income requirement for every family member should be the same as for the primary person. How well do you think that would go over?

I would be willing to do this only if LCS counts every person as a person and does not give discounts to couples who have dual income and make much more than us singles.

The OP has a $100 Peso gripe. Methinks he/she has too little to do to be unhappy about this. If he/she wishes to bring about change at LCS he/she needs to get involved and stop whining.

The OP has a point about discrimination in fees. It really doesn't make sense to charge differently, and there's no need to either disparage him or to suggest that "getting involved" would change anything. I can remember the times when women were being paid different (and lower) wages from the men doing the same job..........so I don't like to see any form of discrimination ....even on this minor issue. I also agree with those who say that complaining on this web board is not as useful as taking it to LCS directly.

• 3 months later...

Archived