Chapala.com Webboard

lost dvd

suzanjo

The pirated ones often don't play well and it's the LCS's right to replace their original DVD you lost with a true original. It's $16 US at the current exhange rate and your membership allows you the privilege to pay 73¢ to view an original. Am I missing something here but does this seem to be much ado about nothing?

OK, so I paid for the dvd today. It is called "Horrible Bosses". I have not seen it yet, but I saw my $205 pesos go into the coffer. I still say that is double what we members should be charged for a used dvd. Thanks for all your imput. If anyone finds this dvd, perhaps they may be kind enough to turn it in to LCS. I might even get to view it some day for $205 pesos and 10 pesos more!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So you borrowed something that you lost, which will cost the LCS, I understand, about $205, to replace. And you are upset that the LCS charged you their true replacement cost, when you could buy an illegal copy for about $30 pesos.

Do I understand you correctly, or have I missed something here? If so, please forgive me. But if I'm correct, what's wrong with the LCS charging you what they will have to pay to get an equal and therefore legal copy of what you lost?

Pete

El ruco loco

"...must say I expected a bit more understanding on here..."

Oh, I think everybody understands perfectly. (And, despite what you've posted previously, it was a brand new dvd to the LCS Video Library. I was wanting to rent it myself.)

Grow up.

You lost it. You paid for it. Get over it.

Hey Suz, weren't you the one who posted this comment during those horrific dog poisonings last year?

"keep your dogs inside and stop the barking...it is driving the neighbors crazy. 5 -7 AM barking every day for 2 wks now. ZOWEY! Shut them up!!"

Talk about "slinging bad stuff around"!!!!

Here's a link to the entire thread : http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=26811&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Jeanette; As a dog owner and dog lover, I certainly never advocated for the murdering of dogs. I was adding to the talk of preventative measures and had just been kept up for three weekly mornings straight beginning at 5 AM by barking dogs, so it seemed a good idea to suggest taking dogs inside to shut them up would be helpful to prevention of angry-acting-out.

Talk about bringing up the past and a whole other subject Jeanette. where is a moderator when you need them?

Is there a reason that so many are trying? Maybe! However, you do keep coming back for more, so maybe you'll rejoin LCS and start life anew. Don't let one bad experience sour your opinion of the organization. After all, you did lose the DVD, but now have made it right. That's good. End the saga and let your mind be occupied with new adventures.

Archived