Chapala.com Webboard

EX-PAT SECURITY MEETING

vandaddio

With the recent rash of narco related violence within and surrounding our Chapala police force , eg. murders,cartel members saying they have code words to tell cops to be released,escapes,grenades thrown,heavily armed narcos. ...is it not time for a complete change of guard?

Can the LCS organize a meeting and invite the American Consul and Canadian Consul and a Rep of the Mexican Feds?

We need to drive home our concerns of the obvious dirty corrupt local police force.

They need to do a total and complete sweep , they are all dirty.

If they do not this violence is going to continue to esculate.

I think pressure on the Feds from our American and Canadian Reps may get the Feds attention?

Aren't you aware that the involvement of foreigners in political action is a deportable offense?

Yes I am , however this is more of a security issue that involves politics....

This is also why I suggest we tell our government reps so they can express our concerns to the mexican officials.

If they want to deport us all , well ......let them go for it.

There is a meeting today, as per the Warden USA's earlier post. Based on your posts, I'm sure you'll be in attendance. Maybe tomorrow, you could post your thoughts on how the meeting went and how your comments were received. .

There will be a public meeting with Chapala's Director of Security at St. Andrews Anglican Church, Calle San Lucas in Riberas on Monday, January 17th at 4 PM. A translator will be present.

Directions: Going East on the carretera towards Chapala from Ajijic, on the lakeside in Riberas is a tan colored Catholic Church with a large cross on top. Turn toward the lake. St. Andrew's Anglican is one block down on the right.

With the recent rash of narco related violence within and surrounding our Chapala police force , eg. murders,cartel members saying they have code words to tell cops to be released,escapes,grenades thrown,heavily armed narcos. ...is it not time for a complete change of guard?

Can the LCS organize a meeting and invite the American Consul and Canadian Consul and a Rep of the Mexican Feds?

We need to drive home our concerns of the obvious dirty corrupt local police force.

I think pressure on the Feds from our American and Canadian Reps may get the Feds attention?

Sounds like you don't keep up with what is going on in Mexico. To be more informed, it is worthwhile to read the mexican online newspapers - examples are the Milenio, the informador, and el universal. it might be more worthwhile to keep up with what Calderon is trying to do with the police forces - then make assumptions based on lack of knowledge about what is actually happening.

I think that any concern of mine, yours, or local USA/Canadian consuls is overwhelmed by the concerns of 100,000,000 Mexican citizens who worry that their families may get caught in the crossfire. We are not that important.

I think that any concern of mine, yours, or local USA/Canadian consuls is overwhelmed by the concerns of 100,000,000 Mexican citizens who worry that their families may get caught in the crossfire. We are not that important.

You are correct , we are not special nor that important,

however , mexico tourism is very important. Take away or in this case scare away tourism and this country is in BIG trouble.

With grenades going off in our safe haven and Canadians getting shoot from cross fire narcos in Mazatlan and others beaten and raped in police custody in CanCun area, and bodies discovered everyday , it will not take much longer before our government issues a Travel alert warning for all of mexico.

I don't think this government is doing anything close to enough to control the narcos.

I have been in mexico near 30 yrs , so am not a newbie nor ignorant to what happens here.

As one poster says , "once the narcos fight over the control of our area and one wins then maybe the bullets and grenades will stop"

lets hope.

meanwhile , pour another tequila :)

Expats living in Mexico need to understand that the Mexican law is different. If you see a crime it is your word against them. If you wane more security put in security cameras. The police force would really like that. Photos share so much. If you see someone committing a crime take their photo. Help your neighbors. The economy in the world is contributing to this problem as well as the Mexican government trying to crack down on drug trafficking. Would love some discussion about this.

What if foreigners pay our own private army? it could protect all the Fraccionamientos between JOcotepec and Chapala....

What if foreigners pay our own private army? it could protect all the Fraccionamientos between JOcotepec and Chapala....

I, for one, would like to say that i am proud of the Chapala Police Department (Joco is not within their scope) - and the state and the federal. If you look at what has happened in the last month - the two kids that were born in the USA killed an expat and were quickly apprehended with the help of the expat community. The Director's home was bombed - and two days he is appearing before an expat meeting thanking them for their help in the apprehension of the kids. And the guys/and gal that tried to kill the director were arrested - and these were the same that did the road blockade.

So what more can he do with his very limited resources - I, for one, try to keep my expectations realistic.

And i think the Chapala Police Department is trying to do a good job. And I think right now they are succeeding.

No one is perfect - they are not. i am not. You are not. This is an imperfect world. Mexico has gobs of problems - with the narco violence first and foremost. But right now, I think they are doing their best to keep us safe - and doing a good job at that. To date, we have not lost any local expats to the narcos. Let's hope it stays that way.

What I got from the news was the blockade was in retaliation for the arrests of the 11 involved in the attack on the director. Did I get my information backward?

yes - you did get it wrong.

Actually the local paper - Pagina - and the Mileno and Informador are all good sources for information about events such as this.

http://www.paginaque...zacion-criminal using google translate

Granadazo%20en%20Chapala%20.JPG

Gilberto Padilla García

Following a grenade attack at the home of General Director of Public Safety Chapala, Captain Reynol Contreras Muñoz, elements of the State Police and the Attorney General of the State dismantled a cell of the criminal organization known as "The resistance. "

The incident took place on January 15, around 7:30 pm, when several persons threw a grenade at the house of the officer, at number 684 Zaragoza Street, between Avenue Pepe Guizar and Felipe Angeles in the municipal seat. At the time of the attack, Contreras Muñoz and his family were not home.

SHOTS AND SCREAMS

According to neighbors, also heard shots and screams with big words against Captain Contreras, the time when the grenade exploded. Luckily, nobody was injured by the explosion of the device that only damaged the facade of the house of official in the windows and a motorcycle that was in the garage.

I'M LIVE

"The truth is that I'm alive," said Captain Contreras, in an interview after what happened at home. Reported that the day of the incident, at around 9 am, had been alerted by a caller and informed him that there was a passing vehicle on repeated occasions by his house for more than eight times. Leaving home, he saw that the vehicle was parked on the corner of Zaragoza and Pepe Guizar, so I ordered an operation to intercept.

ESCAPE

When the units came to him, the driver fled in the direction of Guadalajara, but at the height of Agua Escondida Subdivision in the municipality of Ixtlahuacán of Quinces, the vehicle crashed into a tree. Renault Clio car was a gray, which was damaged. His driver was identified as Oscar Cardenas Fuentes, alias "El Moreno" or "The Goose", 18 year-old native of Mexico City. After his arrest, Cardenas Fuentes revealed information that led to an intense mobilization of units of the Municipal Police and State Police in the town of Chapala.

RESISTANCE

After the arrest of Cardenas Fuentes, achieved the arrest of nine individuals who confessed to participating in the grenade attack against the house of the Director of Public Safety Chapala and other recent crimes. As a result of investigations, the same day of the incident, the Ministry of Public Security of State obtained the arrest of the first three onboard a Mazda car, which they found grenades and weapons with the intention of attacking the Captain Contreras . She has made stopping the rest of the group to arrive at a safe house in Chapala Fraccionamiento Haciendas, where the elements were met with gunfire, but finally subdued the attackers.

RETALIATION

In an interview, Contreras Muñoz denied that the Mayor, Jesus Cabrera Jimenez, has been the target of criminals. "It was addressed to me," he said, noting that the attack could have been a reprisal for the arrest of Deputy Director for Operations of the Municipal Police, Felipe Gómez Romero, which occurred last November and now faces charges for his relationship with organized crime.

SUBJECT OF THREATS

Although not received any threats before the incident, Captain Contreras said he had been threatened by telephone at his home number before the murder of the then Deputy Director of Public Safety, José Guadalupe Mejía Gollaz occurred in May last year.

"NO VAMOS

A GUARD DOWN "

Given the facts, Contreras Muñoz remains in his work as Director of Public Safety. "We will not let our guard down," the official said, while watching the office items from the roof. "My message is that in the municipality of Chapala, the prettiest of the bank, we will make it possible to endure the impossible because the security and confidence in this county." For safety, the officer has been seen with bulletproof vest and guarded by several elements.

ENTERED

January 19, at noon, the Agent of the Federal Public Ministry appropriated to the Twelfth Criminal Court ten arrested for attacks in Chapala and Guadalajara, for their alleged culpability in the possession of firearms, possession of explosive devices , drug crimes in the categories of possession of cocaine, marijuana and other banned substances for the purpose of trade and organized crime. According to the preliminary AP/PGR/JAL/AG1M3/324/2011, the detainees are now also linked to the attack on a police base in Guadalajara City blocks with burning cars on the highway Guadalajara-Chapala.

REACTIONS

Through a press release and no further details of what happened, the Municipal Government deeply condemned acts of violence last weekend, where he had been in physical danger from the Director of Public Safety, your family and neighbors. "We regret that our municipality of Chapala, a place that is characterized by harmony, tranquility and hospitality of its people, is threatened by the wave of violence plaguing the country." Also the statement that both the federal and state government, "are countering properly and effectively this serious problem."

In an interview, the Mayor, Jesus Cabrera Jiménez, regretted what happened and said he was working on a restructuring of the mode of operation of the Public Security Directorate, stepping up patrols in the streets of the town.

With regard to the violent events recorded in Chapala and other nearby villages, the Parish Priest Enrique Curiel Monteón urged all residents to pray for the peace of the people and all who are far from God, especially by young people already part of the criminal groups. In an interview, after celebrating Sunday Mass in the Chapel of Refuge, said that when you live close to God, love of neighbor and when you live far away, it kills anyone. "Everything's because of the economic crisis, there is no work, no eating, no to live, people are desperate and they steal or even worse, when I have to, because I do and I'm proud king, I feel the owner of the world and I want to fix everything by means of violence or use of weapons and is not right. "

Archived