Chapala.com Webboard

Lobster

jckottler

If you really mean 'Lobster' (Homerus Americanus), you are out of luck. If you mean those spiny creatures without large claws, from the nearby Pacific Coast, you might find some that have been frozen in the supermarkets, but probably not in restaurants at Lakeside.

If you really mean 'Lobster' (Homerus Americanus), you are out of luck. If you mean those spiny creatures without large claws, from the nearby Pacific Coast, you might find some that have been frozen in the supermarkets, but probably not in restaurants at Lakeside.

I've seen big lobster tails at Costco on occasion, frozen and displayed in a special case..........usually around this time of year. Mucho dinero, though.

Are there any restaurants here that serve lobster? Are they good, what size, and what cost?

They have them at Cozumels and other seafood restraunts. About $340/person.

We buy ours in Guad and pay $60/k for the whole lobster and $120/k per tail. I dare anyone of the purists to recognize the difference when they are cooked. I AM a New Englander.

They have them at Cozumels and other seafood restraunts. About $340/person.

We buy ours in Guad and pay $60/k for the whole lobster and $120/k per tail. I dare anyone of the purists to recognize the difference when they are cooked. I AM a New Englander.

$60/k for whole lobster sounds ridiculously cheap. Is this frozen live, or fresh? Where in Guadalajara do you get it?

All of the above are not really lobster as RV has already noted. They are crayfish. Good, but not lobster and, regrettably, none of those succulent claws.

The Pacific spiny lobster is not a crayfish--it's really a lobster, but not the Atlantic lobster that has those big claws. Read here for the scoop: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_spiny_lobster

The Pacific spiny lobster is not a crayfish--it's really a lobster, but not the Atlantic lobster that has those big claws. Read here for the scoop: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_spiny_lobster

Spiny lobsters are not related to the Atlantic lobster. In some parts of the world (e.g. Australia, New Zealand) spiny lobsters are called crayfish. Never the less, they're delicious!

• 4 years later...

These posts from earlier are very old. Wondering what the difference in taste is between spiny lobster, the Atlantic Lobster and the crayfish. Where can you get them meaning what restaurants and are they expensive. And can you get them at fish market and price in US dollars.

• 3 weeks later...

Have had the "Live Maine Lobster" at the Red Lobster in Guad next to the Andares Mall. It was fabulous and pricey, but worth every peso if you want the real deal. The also have Alaskan King crab. These items are on a separate menu with other goodies. Great for a special occasion!

Archived