Chapala.com Webboard

New Constitution Passed Today!

maw7815

When the Board decided there would be no secret ballots on such an important issue and that a hand vote by bright green papers would be taken, I was surprised. I was even more surprised when, after the huge "yes" vote, even three people had the guts to vote "no" with everyone watching. That would have been as much fun as having "confession" broadcast to the entire church congregation, mmmm? :rolleyes:

But good luck on the implementation, folks. Lots of work went into this project.

The BOD followed Roberts Rules of Order. Anyone could have made a motion for a secret ballot and that motion would have been put to a vote. No one made such a motion.

Yes, it was perfectly legal. And yes, I'm sure it was embarrassing for anyone who voted "no" because of doubts. Okay?

Last year the new constitution lost by 20 votes!

This year it passed by a huge margin!

I don't have the exact numbers but it looked like there were only 3 votes against and approx. 150 for the new constitution.

maw

maw

maw - 125 voting cards were given out to registered members. So the vote was 122 for and 3 against.

moh

Last year the new constitution lost by 20 votes!

This year it passed by a huge margin!

I don't have the exact numbers but it looked like there were only 3 votes against and approx. 150 for the new constitution.

maw

Last year 525 votes were cast regarding the proposed new constitution. This year 125 votes were cast. Does that mean that the members of LCS are well satisfied with what the LCS Board is doing--or only that they are apathetic.

Last year 525 votes were cast regarding the proposed new constitution. This year 125 votes were cast. Does that mean that the members of LCS are well satisfied with what the LCS Board is doing--or only that they are apathetic.

Ken,

I am very satisfied with the LCS board.

Don't you have something to do besides complain? I believe that you are not a member of the LCS. If you are a member, ask to speak at the next board meeting, or take the necessary steps to call a special meeting if you are unhappy about something.

Charlie

Apathetic.

last year there were tons of members at the meeting..this year not so many..a sure indication that the vast, vast majority of the members are satisfied with the direction LCS is taking..if they weren't there would be plenty of folks there to voice their concerns...

last year there were tons of members at the meeting..this year not so many..a sure indication that the vast, vast majority of the members are satisfied with the direction LCS is taking..if they weren't there would be plenty of folks there to voice their concerns...

A vast, vast majority satisfied? One hundred twenty-two happy clams? Interesting how we see the glass half empty or half full.

Lexy

A vast, vast majority satisfied? One hundred twenty-two happy clams? Interesting how we see the glass half empty or half full.

Lexy

A vast majority? How many members are there? I don't mean to rain on the parade, but for whatever reason, the vast majority didn't vote at all.

Lexy

A vast majority? How many members are there? I don't mean to rain on the parade, but for whatever reason, the vast majority didn't vote at all.

The math is easy. The heading for this forum indicates they have over 3000 MEMBERS - so about 4% voted - and 96% didn't attend the meeting to vote.

The math is easy. The heading for this forum indicates they have over 3000 MEMBERS - so about 4% voted - and 96% didn't attend the meeting to vote.

And 4% constitutes a forum? That's pretty sad. I can see why I don't belong. The tail wagging the dog.

DaveP

And 4% constitutes a forum? That's pretty sad. I can see why I don't belong. The tail wagging the dog.

DaveP

We don't know if it was customer satisfaction or apathy, but it's history now. They followed Robert's Rules and their old Constitution as well as Mexican law provisions applicable to this type of organization, and according to those rules, they had a quorum of members there.

Having been a member of other organizations in the past, I've learned that a small percentage of people supply most of the hard work and energy expended, so this seems normal. :rolleyes:

Archived