Chapala.com Webboard

why no Canadian Consulate visits?

chickenlips

Hi

Maybe Howard could address this. We have to travel to Guad to renew passports so we would welcome the same service as the Americans have at the LCS. I understand that there is a a sizable number of Canadians residing at Lakeside as well as members of the LCS. Just wondering.

Thanks

Babylegs.... Why don't you ask the Canadian Counsel (Ms. Yvonne Chin) yourself?

From Canadian Club of Lake Chapala's Web Page.

ENJOY

A Traditional Thanksgiving Feast

Monday, October 11th at La Nueva Posada, Ajijic

Menu

Cream of Carrot Ginger Harvest Soup, Croissants and Butter

Roast Turkey with Old Fashioned Sage Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce

Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Giblet Gravy

Sweet Potatoes with Toasted Almond Slivers, English Sweet Peas

Pumpkin Pie, Coffee and a Choice of Almond or Kahlua Liqueurs

Special Guests

Meet our New Canadian Consul in Guadalajara

Ms. Yvonne Chin with her husband Mr. Gauthier

Tickets are available at La Nueva Posada at $250 pesos per person

including tip.

“open seating” and “no host bar”

Social starts at 5:30 p.m. Dinner served at 6:30 p.m.

A sell out every year!

Please obtain your tickets right away.

The state departments of all the countries represented in MX are cutting back to cope with their various level of debt reduction etc..do not look for improved local representation...but more transaction's etc by electronic mail..whilst we may think Lakesiders need more help, statics show that transits in places like PV and Cancun need more help and get into more trouble!!

Hi

Maybe Howard could address this. We have to travel to Guad to renew passports so we would welcome the same service as the Americans have at the LCS. I understand that there is a a sizable number of Canadians residing at Lakeside as well as members of the LCS. Just wondering.

Thanks

I'm not Canadian---but the former Canadian Counsel General Kathryn Aleong is my friend and (neighbor- until 2 weeks ago)This is basically what she told me- The Amercian Consulate has approx 150 staff here in Guadalajara to handle these issues.

The Canadian Counsel Generals office here in Guadalajara in the World Trade Center is not large enough (maybe 20 staff)and is basically a Trade Commission office. The Government of Canada consolidates Visa and Passport services in Mexico City where they have the staff trained to provide this service for reasons as posted in Tobyjug's comment above.

• 1 month later...

How to save yourself an enormous amount of money?

wedding gowns

If you are planning a Phoenix wedding reception, wedding gowns WedAlert helps you plan the perfect wedding.

wedding dresses

Whether you are in Downtown Phoenix, wedding dresses or anywhere in the Greater Phoenix area, WedAlert makes your planning easier!

wedding dresses

Need a caterer in the Glendale,wedding dresses or maybe you are looking for a Phoenix wedding photographer.

wedding gowns

Whether you are getting married at a banquet hall in Scottsdale,wedding gowns or Paradise Valley, planning a desert wedding, or having a tent at your home, Phoenix WedAlert makes your wedding planning easier!

How to save yourself an enormous amount of money?

wedding gowns

If you are planning a Phoenix wedding reception, wedding gowns WedAlert helps you plan the perfect wedding.

wedding dresses

Whether you are in Downtown Phoenix, wedding dresses or anywhere in the Greater Phoenix area, WedAlert makes your planning easier!

wedding dresses

Need a caterer in the Glendale,wedding dresses or maybe you are looking for a Phoenix wedding photographer.

wedding gowns

Whether you are getting married at a banquet hall in Scottsdale,wedding gowns or Paradise Valley, planning a desert wedding, or having a tent at your home, Phoenix WedAlert makes your wedding planning easier!

What has this to do the the Canadian Consulate? It appears to be commercial advertising

DaveP

You are right: member names in gibberish indicate forum spam. ('Bots scour the Web looking for sign-up pages, enter a garbage name and password, and start posting ads.) I was astounded at the number of spam applications received on a daily basis last time I ran a webboard. I had to institute an "approval policy" for applications, so each night I could go through the list of applicants and decline the spammers. It got to be a far bigger job than running the board. Eventually I had to just stop accepting memberships, and that was the end of that board.

I'm guessing that there is software for this board to ease the situation.

Archived