Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


AlanMexicali last won the day on July 18 2016

AlanMexicali had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

292 Excellent

About AlanMexicali

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    San Luis Potosi, SLP, Mexico
  • Interests
    Retired Video Engineer

Recent Profile Visitors

2,842 profile views
  1. Do you pay staff for sick days, and how much?

    He works 12 days a month. Has no contract with you. Belongs to no unión and has no unión contract you signed so gets nothing when taking the day off for any reason. Unions usually get workers 2 hours off with pay with advance notice and proof for Dr. appointments. Without a signed unión contract it is up to the owner what they want to do in this case, not the worker himself unless it is specified in a personal contract you signed. You are not legally obligated for paying him the day off. IMO
  2. Seguro Popular

    http://www.seguropopular.org/ Google Translation: "SEGURO POPULAR COVERAGE The diseases covered by the popular insurance are more than 250 medical interventions which are listed below: 1. BCG vaccine (against tuberculosis). 2. Vaccine Antihepatitis B (against hepatitis B). 3. Pentavalent vaccine with acellular pertussis component DPaT + VIP + Hib (against diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, poliomyelitis and invasive infections due to influenzae type B). 4. Viral triple vaccine SRP (measles, rubella and mumps). 5. Vaccine against rotavirus. 6. Influenza vaccine. 7. DPT vaccine (against diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus). 8. Sabin trivalent oral poliomyelitis vaccine. 9. Preventive actions for newborn. 10. Preventive actions for children under 5 years of age. 11. Preventive actions for girls and boys from 5 to 9 years old. 12. Counseling of addictions in adolescents. 13. Early detection of eating disorders (anorexia and bulimia). 14. Preventive actions for adolescents from 10 to 19 years old. 15. Hepatitis B vaccine. 16. SR viral double vaccine (against measles and rubella). 17. Tetanus and diphtheria toxoid Td (diphtheria and tetanus). 18. Preventive actions for women from 20 to 59 years old. 19. Preventive actions for men from 20 to 59 years old. 20. Complete medical examination for women aged 40 to 59 (includes general studies and detections of HIV / AIDS, colon cancer and breast cancer and cervical cancer). 21. Complete medical examination for men aged 40 to 59 years (includes general studies and detections of HIV / AIDS, colon cancer and prostate cancer). 22. Prevention and care of family and sexual violence in women (medical-psychological care). 23. Pneumococcal vaccine for older adults. 24. Influenza vaccine for the elderly. 25. Preventive actions for the adult over 60 years of age. 26. Diagnosis and treatment of iron deficiency anemia and vitamin B12 deficiency (lack of iron in the blood). 27. Diagnosis and treatment of vitamin A deficiency. 28. Diagnosis and treatment of rubella (hives on the skin). 29. Diagnosis and treatment of measles. 30. Diagnosis and treatment of chickenpox. 31. Diagnosis and treatment of acute pharyngotonsillitis. 32. Diagnosis and treatment of whooping cough (cock cough). 33. Diagnosis and treatment of non-suppurative otitis media (ear infections without pus). 34. Diagnosis and treatment of acute rhinopharyngitis (common cold). 35. Diagnosis and treatment of conjunctivitis (eye infections). 36. Diagnosis and treatment of allergic rhinitis (nasal runny nose due to allergy)." I´ll finish this later. I have to go out right now or try this link; https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seguropopular.org%2F&edit-text=&act=url "37.- Diagnosis and treatment of classic dengue fever (lammergeier fever). 38.- Diagnosis and ambulatory treatment of acute diarrhea. 39.- Diagnosis and treatment of paratyphoid fever and other salmonellosis (intestinal infection caused by bacteria). 40.- Diagnosis and treatment of typhoid fever. 41.- Diagnosis and treatment of herpes zoster (vesicles or blisters on the skin). 42.- Diagnosis and treatment of candidiasis (milkweed). 43.- Diagnosis and treatment of gonorrhea (sexually transmitted disease). 44.- Diagnosis and treatment of chlamydial infections. 45.- Diagnosis and treatment of trichomonas infections (sexually transmitted diseases). 46.- Diagnosis and treatment of syphilis (sexually transmitted disease). 47.- Diagnosis and treatment of cystitis (infection of the bladder). 48.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute vaginitis (infections in the sexual apparatus of women). 49.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute vulvitis (infections in the sexual apparatus of women). 50.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of amebiasis (intestinal infection by parasites). 51.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of hookworm and necatoriasis (intestinal infection by parasites). 52.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of ascariasis (intestinal infection by parasites). 53.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of enterobiasis (intestinal infection by parasites). 54.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of echinococcosis (intestinal infection by parasites). 55.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of equistosomiasis (intestinal infection by parasites). 56.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of strongyloidiasis (intestinal infection by parasites). 57.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of filariasis (intestinal infection by parasites). 58.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of giardiasis (intestinal infection by parasites). 59.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of taeniasis (intestinal infection by parasites). 60.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of trichuriasis (intestinal infection by parasites). 61.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of trichinosis (intestinal infection by parasites). 62.- Diagnosis and treatment of scabies (scabies). 63. Diagnosis and treatment of pediculosis and phthiriasis (lice infestation). 64.- Diagnosis and treatment of superficial mycoses (fungi). 65.- Diagnosis and treatment of onychomycosis (fungal infection in the nails). 66.- Diagnosis and treatment of infectious cellulitis (skin infections). 67.- Diagnosis and treatment of allergic contact dermatitis (inflammations of the skin). 68.- Diagnosis and treatment of atopic dermatitis (inflammations of the skin). 69.- Diagnosis and treatment of contact dermatitis due to irritants (inflammations of the skin). 70.- Diagnosis and treatment of diaper rash (inflammations of the skin). 71.- Diagnosis and treatment of exfoliative dermatitis (inflammations of the skin). 72.- Diagnosis and treatment of seborrheic dermatitis (inflammations of the skin). 73.- Diagnosis and treatment of vulgar warts. 74.- Diagnosis and treatment of acne (pimples and pimples). 75.- Diagnosis and treatment of hepatitis A (infection in the liver by virus). 76.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute gastritis (inflammation of the stomach, heartbeat). 77.- Diagnosis and treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (inflammation of the intestine). 78.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of diabetes mellitus 2 (blood sugar). 79.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of arterial hypertension (high blood pressure). 80.- Diagnosis and treatment of osteoarthritis (disease of the joints). 81.- Diagnosis and treatment of low back pain (sciatic back pain). 82.- Other general medical care. 83.- Temporary family planning methods: hormonal contraceptives (AH). 84.- Temporary methods of family planning: condoms (condoms). 85.- Temporary methods of family planning: intrauterine device (IUD). 86.- Prenatal care in pregnancy (consultations during pregnancy). 87.- Diagnosis and treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorders (ADHD). 88.- Diagnosis and treatment of dysmenorrhea (pain during the period). 89. Attention of the climacteric and menopause (irregularities and disorders of the end of the fertile age of the woman). 90.- Diagnosis and treatment of fibrocystic mastopathy (cysts in sinuses). 91.- Diagnosis and treatment of endometrial hyperplasia (abnormal growth of the walls of the womb). 92.- Diagnosis and treatment of subacute and chronic vaginitis (infections of the female sexual apparatus). 93.- Diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis (matrix growth). 94.- Diagnosis and treatment of urethritis and urethral syndrome (infections in the urinary system). 95.- Diagnosis and treatment of low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions (mild lacerations in the womb). 96.- Diagnosis and treatment of high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions (severe lacerations in the womb). 97.- Diagnosis and treatment of malnutrition and obesity in children and adolescents. 98.- Diagnosis and treatment of Kwashiorkor (low protein intake). 99.- Diagnosis and treatment of nutritional marasmus (extreme thinning). 100.- Diagnosis and treatment of malnutrition sequelae. 101.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute laryngotracheitis (throat infections). 102.- Diagnosis and treatment of suppurative otitis media (ear infections with pus). 103.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute sinusitis (infections in the paranasal sinuses, constipation). 104.- Diagnosis and treatment of asthma in adults (difficulty breathing). 105.- Diagnosis and treatment of asthma in children (difficulty breathing). 106.- Diagnosis and treatment of tuberculosis TAES (infection in lungs). 107.- Diagnosis and treatment of drug-resistant tuberculosis. 108.- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of psoriasis (skin disease: scabs, spots, pimples). 109.- Diagnosis and treatment of reflux esophagitis (heartburn). 110.- Diagnosis and treatment of peptic ulcer (stomach injury). 111.- Diagnosis and treatment of dyslipidemia (alteration of fats in the blood). 112.- Diagnosis and treatment of hyperthyroidism (excessive functioning of the thyroid gland). 113.- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital hypothyroidism and in adults (low functioning of the thyroid gland). 114.- Diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of diabetes mellitus 1 (blood sugar). 115.- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic heart failure (heart disease). 116.- Diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis (wear on the bones over time). 117.- Diagnosis and treatment of gout (uric acid). 118.- Diagnosis and treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (inflammation of the joints). 119.- Diagnosis and treatment of depression (mood disorders). 120.- Diagnosis and treatment of psychosis -including schizophrenia-. 121.- Diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy (convulsive attacks). 122.-Diagnosis and treatment of Parkinson's disease (slowness of movement, muscle stiffness and limb tremor). 123.- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital hip dislocation (operation due to hip defects in children). 124.- Rehabilitation of fractures. 125.- Rehabilitation of facial paralysis.14 126.- Prevention of caries and periodontal disease (polishing and cleaning teeth). 127.- Sealing of pits and dental fissures (for caries prevention). 128.- Caries removal and restoration of dental pieces (with amalgam, resin or glass ionomer). 129.- Elimination of foci of infection and abscesses -includes drainage and pharmacotherapy-. 130.- Extraction of dental pieces -includes radicular and erupted remains-. 131.- Diagnosis and treatment of pulpitis and pulpal necrosis (infection in the root of the teeth). 132.- Diagnosis and treatment of maxillary abscess (pus in the gum). 133.- Third molar extraction (wisdom tooth). 134.- Stabilization in the emergency room due to hypertensive crisis (high blood pressure). 135.- Emergency stabilization of the diabetic patient (decompensation). 136.- Management in the emergency department of the non-ketotic hyperglycaemic syndrome (decompensation in diabetic patients). 137.- Stabilization in the emergency room due to chest angina (intense pain in the heart). 138.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute poisoning by benzodiazepines (poisoning). 139.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute poisoning by phenothiazines (poisoning). 140.- Diagnosis and treatment of alkali poisoning (poisoning). 141.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute food poisoning (food poisoning). 142.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute poisoning by salicylates (poisoning). 143.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute methyl alcohol poisoning (poisoning). 144.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute organophosphate poisoning (poisoning). 145.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute carbon monoxide poisoning (poisoning). 146.- Diagnosis and treatment of snake bite. 147.- Diagnosis and treatment of the scorpionfish (scorpion sting). 148.- Diagnosis and treatment of bee, spider and other arthropod stings. 149.- Management of bite and prevention of rabies in humans. 150.- Extraction of foreign bodies. 151.- Management of traumatic soft tissue injuries. 152.- Diagnosis and treatment of Glasgow head traumatic brain injury 14-15 (slight blows to the head). 153.- Emergency management of first-degree burns. 154.- Diagnosis and treatment of cervical sprain (kink). 155.- Diagnosis and treatment of shoulder sprain (kink). 156.- Diagnosis and treatment of elbow sprain (kink). 157.-Diagnosis and treatment of wrist and hand sprain (kink). 158.- Diagnosis and treatment of knee sprain (kink). 159.- Diagnosis and treatment of sprained ankle and foot (sprain). 160.- Diagnosis and treatment of pyelonephritis (kidney infection). 161.- Diagnosis and treatment of bronchiolitis (infection of the respiratory system in children). 162.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute bronchitis (infection of the respiratory system). 163.- Diagnosis and treatment of meningitis (infection in the layers that cover the brain). 164.- Diagnosis and treatment of mastoiditis (infection of the middle ear). 165.- Diagnosis and treatment of osteomyelitis (inflammation of bone and bone marrow). 166.- Diagnosis and treatment of pneumonia in children. 167.- Diagnosis and treatment of pneumonia in adults and the elderly. 168.- Diagnosis and treatment of amoebic liver abscess (infection in the liver caused by amoebas). 169.- Diagnosis and treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease (infections in the womb, ovaries, tubes and internal parts). 170.- Diagnosis and treatment of threatened abortion and preterm delivery. 171.- Delivery care and physiological puerperium. 172.- Pelviperitonitis (infections after childbirth). 173.- Puerperal endometritis (infections in the womb after childbirth). 174.- Diagnosis and treatment of puerperal septic shock (infection of the blood after delivery). 175.- Newborn care (immediate care). 176. - Neonatal jaundice (yellow skin in the newborn). 177.- Diagnosis and treatment of premature without complications (premature "healthy"). 178.- Diagnosis and treatment of the premature infant with hypothermia (premature with low body temperature). 179.- Diagnosis and treatment of the newborn with low birth weight. 180.- Diagnosis and treatment of preeclampsia (high blood pressure during pregnancy). 181.- Diagnosis and treatment of severe preeclampsia (lack of control of blood pressure during pregnancy). 182.- Diagnosis and treatment of eclampsia (convulsive attacks during pregnancy). 183.- Obstetric puerperal hemorrhage (vaginal bleeding days after delivery). 184.- Hemorrhage due to placenta previa or premature detachment of normoinserta placenta (bleeding due to poor accommodation or rupture of the placenta). 185.- Infection of episiorrhaphy or obstetric surgical wound (infections in wounds derived from childbirth). 186.- Diagnosis and treatment of kidney and urethral stones (stones in the kidney and upper urinary ducts). 187.- Diagnosis and treatment of lower urinary tract stones (stones in the bladder). 188.- Diagnosis and treatment of hemorrhagic dengue (lammergeous fever with bleeding). 189.- Diagnosis and treatment of moderate head trauma Glasgow 9-13 (severe blows to the head). 190.- Diagnosis and conservative treatment of acute pancreatitis (pancreas). 191.- Hospital management of seizures (attacks). 192.- Hospital management of hypertension (high blood pressure). 193.- Diagnosis and treatment of acute heart failure (pulmonary edema). 194.- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (difficulty breathing). 195.- Diagnosis and treatment of peripheral neuropathy secondary to diabetes. 196.- Hospital management of second degree burns. 197.- Diagnosis and treatment of digestive hemorrhage (bleeding of the digestive system). 198.- Exploratory laparatomy. 199.- Appendectomy (operation of the appendix). 200.- Splenectomy (Spleen infarction or rupture thereof). 201.- Surgical treatment of diverticular disease (sachets in intestines). 202.- Surgical treatment of ischemia and intestinal infarction (lack of blood in intestines). 203.- Surgical treatment of intestinal obstruction. 204.- Surgical treatment of gastric and intestinal perforation (rupture of intestines). 205.- Surgical treatment of colonic volvulus (operation due to obstruction of the large intestine). 206.- Surgical treatment of rectal abscess (operation due to the presence of pus accumulation in the rectum). 207.- Surgical treatment of fistula and anal fissure (wounds in the anus). 208.- Hemorrhoidectomy (operation of hemorrhoids). 209.- Surgical treatment of hiatal hernia (operation by occupation of the stomach in the thorax). 210.- Surgical treatment of congenital pyloric hypertrophy (operation by narrowing in the stomach of newborns). 211.- Crural hernioplasty (groin hernia operation). 212.- Inguinal hernioplasty (groin hernia operation). 213.- Umbilical hernioplasty (navel hernia operation). 214.- Ventral hernioplasty (operation of hernia in the abdomen). 215. Open cholecystectomy (operation of the gallbladder). 216. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder operation). 217.- Surgical treatment of condylomas (formation of warts in genital areas). 218.- Surgical treatment of mammary fibroadenoma (operation due to cysts formation in the sinuses). 219.- Surgical treatment of ovarian cysts. 220.- Surgical treatment of torsion of annexes (operation by twisting of ovaries / fallopian tubes). 221.- Salpingoclasia (ligation and cut of fallopian tubes). 222. Surgical care for trophoblastic disease (complication of pregnancy due to poor nesting of the embryo in the womb). 223.- Surgical treatment of ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the womb). 224.- Therapeutic uterine curettage due to incomplete abortion (hemorrhage and infection). 225. Cesarean section and post-operative puerperium care (mother's attention after cesarean section). 226. - Uterine repair (operation due to matrix tear). 227.- Endometrial ablation (destruction of the internal walls of the uterus). 228.- Laparoscopy due to endometriosis (surgical treatment due to matrix growth). 229.- Myomectomy (surgery for benign non-cancerous tumors in the womb). 230.- Abdominal hysterectomy (extraction of the matrix). 231.- Vaginal hysterectomy (extraction of the matrix). 232. Colpoperineoplasty (urinary incontinence in women). 233.- Vasectomy (cutting of the ducts that carry the semen). 234.- Circumcision (extirpation of the foreskin). 235.- Orchidopexy (descent of the testes to the scrotal sac). 236.- Open prostatectomy (operation of the prostate). 237.- Transurethral resection of the prostate (operation of the prostate). 238.- Removal of cancerous skin lesion - does not include melanoma-. 239.- Removal of benign tumor in soft tissues (operation of benign tumor of the skin and muscles). 240.- Tonsillectomy with or without adenoidectomy. 241.- Excision of juvenile pharyngeal papilloma (operation of benign tumor of the throat). 242.- Palatoplasty (reconstruction of the palate) .20 243.- Repair of the cleft lip (cleft lip). 244.- Muscle shortening surgery for strabismus (operation of deviated eyes). 245. Muscle lengthening surgery for strabismus (operation of deviated eyes). 246.- Surgical treatment of glaucoma (due to an increase in pressure inside the eye, to prevent blindness). 247.- Pterygium excision (carnosities in the eye). 248. Surgical treatment of hydrocephalus (operation due to excess water in the brain). 249.- Placement and removal of various catheters. 250.- Radical neck dissection (operation of the neck for cancerous tumors). 251.- Thoracotomy, pleurotomy and chest drainage (operations on the chest for various reasons). 252. Surgical treatment of congenital hip dislocation (operation due to hip defects). 253.- Surgical treatment of the equine foot in children (operation by feet turned). 254.- Safenectomy (operation of varices). 255.- Surgical reduction due to dislocations (operation for stretching and twisting treatment). 256.- Surgical reduction of clavicle fracture (operation to treat bone fractures of the shoulder). 257.- Surgical reduction of humerus fracture, including osteosynthesis material (operation for fracture of arm bones). 258. Surgical reduction of fracture of the ulna and radius, including osteosynthesis material (operation to treat fracture of the forearm bones). 259.- Surgical reduction of hand fracture (operation to treat broken bones of the hand). 260.- Surgical reduction of hip fracture -includes herniprosthesis with acetabulum- (operation to treat bone fracture of the hip). 261.- Surgical reduction of femur fractures -includes osteosynthesis material- (operation for treatment of long thigh bone fracture) .262.- Surgical reduction of fracture of tibia and fibula, including osteosynthesis material (operation to treat fracture of leg bones). 263.- Surgical reduction of fracture of the ankle and foot (operation for fracture treatment of ankle and foot bones). 264.- Knee arthroplasty -includes arthroscopic surgery- (operation to treat fractures of the knee bones). 265. Amputation of lower limb secondary to diabetic foot (amputation of the leg or foot due to diabetes problems). 266.- Treatment of synovial cyst (wrist tumor)."
  3. Chapala Med

    http://www.seguro-popular.salud.gob.mx/images/Contenidos/gestion/CAUSES 2014.pdf "INTERVENTIONS IN EMERGENCIES 148. page 540 - STABILIZATION IN EMERGENCIES [emergency room] OF ANGINA IN THE CHEST
  4. Chapala Med

    http://www.seguro-popular.salud.gob.mx/images/Contenidos/gestion/CAUSES 2014.pdf "INTERVENTIONS PROTECTION AGAINST CATASTROPHIC EXPENSES ADULT PATIENT DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT 54. Page 608- UNDER 60 YEARS Acute Myocardial Infarction [heart attack] Under 60 years" https://www.healthline.com/health/acute-myocardial-infarction#treatments "How is acute myocardial infarction treated? Heart attacks require immediate treatment, so most treatments begin in the emergency room. A minimally invasive procedure called angioplasty may be used to unblock the arteries that supply blood to the heart. During an angioplasty, your surgeon will insert a long, thin tube called a catheter through your artery to reach the blockage. They will then inflate a small balloon attached to the catheter in order to reopen the artery, allowing blood flow to resume. Your surgeon may also place a small, mesh tube called a stent at the site of the blockage. The stent can prevent the artery from closing again. Your doctor may also want to perform a coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) in some cases. In this procedure, your surgeon will reroute your veins and arteries so the blood can flow around the blockage. A CABG is sometimes done immediately after a heart attack. In most cases, however, it’s performed several days after the incident so your heart has time to heal."
  5. Lakeside increased population?

    I agree and all the Expats I have run into seem to be the adventurous type. It seems to have been a prerequisite to pack up and move away from your comfort zone and fit into another World not similar to where you have been most of your life and adapt. I couldn´t be more content to find new things to discover here and even after all these decades of dealing with Mexico and Mexicans Mexico itself still surprises me on occasion.
  6. I want to move to Lake Chapala

    Financial solvency for a Residente Temporal is much less than for a Residente Permanente you quoted. Both legal residents can join the Seguro Popular which no longer is "only" for the poor. It´s facilties usualy match the IMSS and in some áreas are better.
  7. How do they do it?

    https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-permanent-resident "Does travel outside the United States affect my permanent resident status? Permanent residents are free to travel outside the United States, and temporary or brief travel usually does not affect your permanent resident status. If it is determined, however, that you did not intend to make the United States your permanent home, you will be found to have abandoned your permanent resident status. A general guide used is whether you have been absent from the United States for more than a year. Abandonment may be found to occur in trips of less than a year where it is believed you did not intend to make the United States your permanent residence. While brief trips abroad generally are not problematic, the officer may consider criteria such as whether your intention was to visit abroad only temporarily, whether you maintained U.S. family and community ties, maintained U.S employment, filed U.S. income taxes as a resident, or otherwise established your intention to return to the United States as your permanent home. Other factors that may be considered include whether you maintained a U.S. mailing address, kept U.S. bank accounts and a valid U.S. driver’s license, own property or run a business in the United States, or any other evidence that supports the temporary nature of your absence." If they don´t live, work, file IRS returns every year etc. they can and might have their Permanent Resident card confiscated when entering the US by CBP agents. I wouldn´t doubt it happens sometimes and possibly many times more than you have heard about. Renewal for Permanent Resident visas/cards is every 10 years. They want proof you where there the last 10 years, not in some other country. When I had a Permanent Resident card the law was you can only leave the USA for 6 months out of a 12 month period and nothing to do with seeking naturalization. You could go longer with a permission to leave and re-enter but they were hard to get back in the early 80s - a blood relative needs you to care for them because they are dying, an American Company needs you to work for them abroad, a scholarship abroad etc.
  8. How do they do it?

    https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/maintaining-permanent-residence https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-permanent-resident Additionally, absences from the United States of six months or more may disrupt the continuous residency required for naturalization. If your absence is one year or longer and you wish to preserve your continuous residency in the United States for naturalization purposes, you may file an Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purposes on Form N-470. For more information, please see the “Continuous Residence and Physical Presence Requirements” page. https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization/continuous-residence-and-physical-presence-requirements-naturalization
  9. How do they do it?

    I immigrated to the USA and also Mexico. You folks have no idea what you are talking about immigrating to the USA. IMO
  10. Telcel Amigo Sin Limite

    The Amigo sin limites sin Fronteras package only works to call inside the US or Canada for me if I have the Optimo package and it is limited and roaming fees are added I presumed. .I did it and my saldo [balance] was eaten up fast calling local numbers in the US. The sin limites was for my wife calling me in the US. When I called her in Mexico from the US my saldo [balance] went down. https://www.telcel.com/personas/telefonia/amigo/tarifas-y-opciones#!amigo-optimo-plus-sin-frontera "With Amigo Óptimo Plus Sin Frontera you can communicate in the US and Canada as if you were in Mexico. Applicable rates Base rate level When the user accumulates or recharges within a period of 30 (thirty) calendar days from $ 0.00 to $ 149.99 nominal Concept cost Outgoing Minute (1) $ 1.49 Outgoing Minute to Frequent Numbers (1) $ 0.98 Additional outgoing Minute to Free Numbers (5:01 and up) (1) $ 1.49 Outgoing Text Message (SMS) (2) $ 0.98 Incoming calls and text messages (SMS) Free of charge Megabyte (MB) for data transmission (3) $ 1.98 Rate level 1 When the user accumulates or recharges within a period of 30 (thirty) calendar days of $ 150.00 nominal Concept cost Outgoing Minute (1) $ 0.98 Outgoing Minute to Frequent Numbers (1) $ 0.98 Outgoing Minute to Free Numbers (5:01 and up) (1) $ 0.98 Outgoing Text Message (SMS) (2) $ 0.98 Incoming calls and text messages (SMS) Free of charge Megabyte (MB) for data transmission (3) $ 1.98" The regular Amigo sin limites sin Fronteras for Mexico, Canada and Mexico for 21 days didn´t let me call or recieve calls from local numbers in the US but I might have dialed them incorrectly.
  11. Gas Prices

    Pemex is not going to be privatized.
  12. rent increases with inflation

    http://www.inflation.eu/inflation-rates/mexico/historic-inflation/cpi-inflation-mexico-2017.aspx If the official inflation rate is 6.04% for 2017 then when rewritng a new lease in whatever month of 2018 you can only raise the rent for a year 6.04% and only if the renter agrees. If not then negotiate a rent increase if you want the renter to stay. If you don´t care if the renter stays then you can charge a new renter whatever you want. My wife thinks this is what it is. For many years the official inflation rate was around 3%. https://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Latin-America/Mexico/Landlord-and-Tenant "Rents must be determined in Mexican currency (pesos). The parties may freely agree the terms for rent increases, based either on increases on the consumer price index, or on other parameters."
  13. Dark side of Seguro Popular

    But she is an MD also and took a update course on MDs required by law and I presume she knows a lot about all medicines including pain medicines. It isn´t really that important what they teach Drs. at these required courses but they must also review current protocol the federal government´s Secretaria de Salud publishes to update all medical paractioners in Mexico to keep their license renewable. The Secretaria de Salud is running the Seguro Popular and overseeing all other socialized medicine in Mexico plus the private sector. The very top administrators of IMSS and ISSSTE are federal Secretaria de Salud employees. They say what goes on in Mexico with health care by their extensive laws and organizational system.
  14. Dark side of Seguro Popular

    It was not a pain meds. course but a Dr.s medical course required by law to keep her "Cedula" [license] from expiring every 15 or whatever years - an update to her Dr.´s degree and Psychiatrist specialist degree. Psychiatrists are MDs with an added speciality of Psychiatry.
  15. Dark side of Seguro Popular

    She is not wrong by simply stating the protocol the Mexican Socialized Medical System follows. I will send her the link. Last year she took a 10 month required university medical course. She lives in San Luis Potosí and the university was in Leon, Gto. so she had to commute weekly and rent an apartment. Maybe they got tired of Rancheros doing rodeo a few days after their surgery and decided this is a way to prevent readmitting them to repair the damage.