Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


mattoleriver last won the day on March 31 2015

mattoleriver had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

69 Excellent

About mattoleriver

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

2,099 profile views
  1. User Reputation

    ComputerGuy, had you chosen the sad face would LifeNo5's total still have risen? Feel free to test on this post.
  2. Being generous in Mexico

    modeeper, on this board you are the newbie, maybe you should heed your own advice. I have not seen you on any of the boards that I follow for quite awhile but I do remember you. You have a well established pattern of appearing on a board, quickly alienating all that you can and then disappearing. This board already has someone who is quite good at that (except for the disappearing part) and I hope that you do your mischief here and leave soon. I pity you.
  3. Seems like I’m due to ask another stupid question.

    Does anybody else remember about five years ago there was a brief time when Canadians were falling off of Mexican balconies. They seem to have gotten past that. I had a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever for a lot of years but I never put him on the roof. Probably just as well.
  4. Flu Shot

    Here's a reading suggestion for anybody who wants to learn a little bit about influenza, about the practice of medicine in the not-too-distant past and even a little about WW1. This particular flu was especially hard on young, healthy adults. The great influenza : the story of the deadliest pandemic in history---John M. Barry
  5. cartel crime not good for Mexico tourism

    Well, I guess that settles it, I'm going to Vegas!
  6. The Five Year Plan

    Cactus Jack, since you are on a five year plan i would suggest that you open a "my Social Security" account at https://www.ssa.gov/site/signin/en/ This can only be initiated from within the U.S. and can make some things simpler. Also, open a Duolingo account and start studying Spanish, it's free and I find it fun, too. https://www.duolingo.com/
  7. Wal-mat Chicken Once Again

    I bristled when I read that so I immediately checked it out. It seems to be generally accepted as true. I learned something today.
  8. Definition of the word "condo".

    Really, 90%? So, who is responsible for the other 10%? Asians? Canadians? Eskimos?
  9. Kodi

    Buy subscriptions to any channels that you wish to purchase.
  10. These dogs look very familiar. Twice in one week!
  11. Pet urns

    We've come full circle. Now we can buy a Chinese urn to hold the ashes of a pet who was killed by tainted Chinese snacks. What a world!
  12. Mexico Lap Top Ban

    I don't stand a chance! Between my artificial hips and my laptop TSA (Thousands Standing Around) are gonna know I'm up to no good. I'll be in line for hours. Last time I flew was just about ten months ago and at that time they were stopping anybody with a Galaxy 7 Edge phone. Luckily I had the slightly older Galaxy 7 and they let me pass.
  13. Expat retirees enjoy a life reminiscent of an earlier time

    Why is betty7 answering for bennie?